Eloy (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Eloy

^^ Yeah I'm getting there, one of the reasons I joined here was to expand my intake and that sure has happened, been introduced to great bands I've missed. Shrunk my bank balance though. :uh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Well I just ordered "Silent Cries And Mighty Echoes". LG the next one will be "Ocean" asap.
It took a while to get down my list but I got there in the end. :grinthumb

Silent Cries is so awesome :grinthumb. I mean Oceans is great too but Silent is pretty much over looked and might be my favorite out of all the Eloy discography.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ That's good to know for me DKW :grinthumb. I just heard a few samples and ordered a german import of "Silent Cries" along with a few other cd's .. pretty much on a whim really, but yeah "Ocean" is top of my list when I next order.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ Great stuff, just a matter of wrapping these albums up quickly while they are at a good price. I want to look into the debut album as well.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

^^ Great stuff, just a matter of wrapping these albums up quickly while they are at a good price. I want to look into the debut album as well.

The first one they did is more of a hard rock / psych release rather then Progressive rock/ space rock. I think it has a different singer too. I don't have it but heard it a few times before.

Colours is really terrific and something on pare with Oceans and Silent Cries, Planets etc..
I want to get Live and Oceans II next myself.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

At the moment some seem to be at a resonable price but they can soon go up. I think it's a matter of getting what I can at the right time. The songs I've listened to I really enjoy and I'll definitely make a note of the ones you mention .. thanks for the nod DKW. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Sure :grinthumb Just letting you know in cause you haven't heard any of it
so you don't get disappointed .It's pretty good just different then the direction they would take on later.

I haven't heard Live ( Tony/ EF recs it though ) or II BTW

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Well I've been giving Silent Cries some boot and I like it. Some big Pink Floyd moments in there but that's not a bad thing IMO. Yep I think I've got the taste for this band now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online