Eloy (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I will EF, I'm slowly working my way down the wish list but a couple more Eloy albums have jumped up a place or two .. I will be adding Live.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Finally picked up a copy of "Ocean" .. so far I am well chuffed. This is certainly my bag. The opener is a pearl IMO.

"Poseidon's Creation-Part 1"

Musically it's a stunner. :cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, I love that album and so many others by Eloy. One of the best progressive rock bands ever, IMO. Up there with 70's Yes and early ELP for me..

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I've only got Oceans which I like but never got more. I'm seeing them this summer so I've got to pick up more sounds like I should get the live album and someone else told me to pick up Oceans 2. Or should I stay with the 70's stuff Dawn or Floating?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
EF I am really getting into them gonna have a shuffty around and check out the next one to buy .. maybe the debut ?

DKW Yeah the gear so far slots right in on the Yes, Floyd, ELP shelf for me as well.

Aktivator I bought "Silent Cries And Mighty Echoes" first and what a buy, so far I only have the two but am well pleased with both.:)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I don't have the first two but I do have Floating,Power and the Passion, Ocean, Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes, Colours, and Planets, as far the studio releases go..

Ocean, Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes, and Colours are easily my favorites though I like all of them alot.

@ Sox, yeah they really are great. I see them as a top shelf progressive group. And if we are counting Floyd as the same, then Eloy, ELP, Pink Floyd, and Yes would be my favorites ..not in order of course...

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Ocean, Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes, and Colours are easily my favorites though I like all of them alot.

Aktivator I bought "Silent Cries And Mighty Echoes" first and what a buy, so far I only have the two but am well pleased with both.:)

thanks just downloaded it for $5. Wow on first listen I think its better than Oceans. :)

Can't wait to see them in a few months finally playing America.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I've just picked up "Floating" and must say after a couple of plays am hooked. This is the third album from 1974 and the over all sound, the energy in the jamming and dark feel really appeals to me.

"Castles In The Air"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online