Electric Light Orchestra (Official Thread)

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
:grinthumb

Yes indeed, you got that right, dang straight, that's why I love ELO; Electric Light Orchestra, they are my favourite band of all-time!

I love Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton, but my favourite band is ELO. I wonder who thought up their name because it just fits them. :grinthumb

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
I love Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton, but my favourite band is ELO. I wonder who thought up their name because it just fits them. :grinthumb

ELO co-founder Roy Wood and indeed, it does fit 'em!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Electric Light Orchestra with UNICORN & Patti Smith, The Eldorado Tour at The World Famous Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood, California, circa 1975!

10365977_10205778810615517_3600808292305142105_n.jpg

About The World Famous Whisky A Go Go

The World Famous Whisky a Go Go – As long as there has been a Los Angeles rock scene, there has been the Whisky A Go-Go. An anchor on the Sunset Strip since it’s opening in 1964, the Whisky A Go-Go has played host to rock ‘n’ roll’s most important bands, from the Doors, Janis Joplin, and Led Zeppelin to today’s up and coming new artists.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
LIke them or not(and I do),one must admit that ELO did indeed create its own unique sound with the very inventive Jeff Lynne at the helm.A man so creatively impressive,the three surviving Beatles of 1994 chose him to assist in their "Anthology" sets.Tunes like "Living Thing","Telephone Line" and "Can't Get it Out Of My Head" quite successfully succeed in taking the listener into the band's wonderful musical emotions.I was also impressed by a "best of" collection by Jeff Lynne's pre-ELO band,The Move.A little here and there,one can detect traces of what ELO would achieve to greater heights in the '70's.I think he once said the Beatles' "I Am The Walrus" was an enormous influence on his general style.............

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Been to The Whiskey many times myself. It's really just a hole in the wall ...barely bigger then my apartment. I've seen quite a few excellent shows there though.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online