Electric Light Orchestra (Official Thread)

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Casey Kasem's American Top 40 - The 70's special "The Top 100 Hits of 1976" Part 1, was on all weekend, next up, a song by a group with a stranger lineup of instruments than any other successful rock band, Casey's Coast-to-Coast, American Top 40, this is Casey Kasem on the year-end edition of American Top 40, the countdown of the Top 100 hits of the year, you know, your basic rock band is composed of a guitar, a bass, a keyboard instrument, and a set of drums, add 2 cellos, and a violin, and you've got a special kind of rock band called, The Electric Light Orchestra, and ELO has the 70th biggest hit of the year, in, Evil Woman...

Hey Evil Woman you got the blues, cause you ain't got no one else to use, that's The Electric Light Orchestra from England on American Top 40 with a song that comes in at #70 for '76.

:grinthumb

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Happy 67th Birthday, born December 30th, 1947, to Jeff Lynne AKA Mr. Radio, frontman and guitarist of my all-time favorite band The Electric Light Orchestra!

:grinthumb

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Other than ELO's original collective musical style,I've always liked Lynne's voice.Very distinctive.I personally have never heard anyone who sounds quite like him.Even Lennon and McCartney have had sound-alikes.............

silverstar

Reaction score
I think its been on TV before, I remember Jeffs fab home ... overlooking LA
where he uses every room as a recording studio

Hes not slowing down ... the guy is a dynamo... a music legend

Radagast

Reaction score
We must all,"Face The Music"

Fab , yah yah yah ! Jeff Lynne is a music giant. It is my hope that he will get as much music recorded as he can before the years catch up with him . Time stops for none of us .

My collection of ELO, Traveling Wilburys , and Solo recordings is incomplete. Soon I will acquire more .

:geetar:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Greatest news in ages, Jeff Lynne's ELO are back with a new album, in time for Xmas and from what I have heard it is pretty good, he would not let us down. I will be ordering this in the next few days for sure, genius.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online