Duran Duran (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Along with "Purple Rain","Born In The USA",Madonna and many select 80's New Wave electronica 45's among other things,many Duran tunes,though maybe not necessarily on the same level of creative quality as the aforementioned examples,will always represent a decent slice of the spirit of the decade of Ronald Regan and (bleccccch!)New Coke.Of course,I may be a bit biased here seeing how Duran came into their prime during my own personal coming of age,but I feel the band did possess a legitimately "hip" vibe in their reflections of the state of the recording industry while the rest of us were busy joining hands across America and watching the Boss Springsteen hoist a youthful Courtney Cox up onto the stage with him in his classic video for "Dancing In the Dark".Oh,I could go on for hours here.................

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I hated DD back in the 80's. Recently my buddy played me some tracks knowing I was a big bass fan and I gotta say I dig John Taylor's bass. I think it's John Taylor, one of the Taylor's plays bass. They got 3 Taylors so I got a 33% chance of gettin' it right.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yep, John Taylor was the bassist - strange how there were three Taylors in one band and none were related. I used to be a massive fan of Duran Duran back in my early teens - and I mean massive, still dig the songs today and despite hubby's protestations will play a few Duranie tunes now and again :)

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
What I could never understand is why they didn't adopt stage names? What was going on there? Weren't they getting any advice?

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Seeing how they adapted their band name from the film "Barbarella",maybe they could have taken some of the other names from the cult classic flick.............

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
My favourite Duran Duran songs are Ordinary World and Come Undone. They are on The Wedding Album from the early 90s, the golden era of music for me!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
One of the best of the 80 bands. They've never really stopped putting out great music.

The new album Danse Macabre was released on 10/27. A very Halloween feel to it.

Brand new proper video and great DD track.
Duran Duran - Black Moonlight

A "visualizer" video from a month ago.
Duran Duran - Psycho Killer

First release from 2 months ago.
Duran Duran - Danse Macabre

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Black Moonlight is fabulous! My new Skull Candy headset really brings out all the sounds.

actually all 3 videos sound good! Love the deep, macabre thumping.

im gonna see if I can score this album :)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I first saw Duran Duran in about '79 at Barbarella's Club in Birmingham.. (I was aware of the Milo O'Shea connection)
They were funked up alright and left an impression...
Posting a few that have travelled from vinyl , cassette, CD and beyond :
Late Bar - (b side to Planet Earth.)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Sham 69 and these here both reference George Davis... (he was "wrongly imprisoned" for armed robbery, after a lengthy and public protest he was let out)... but was caught with a sawn-off later robbing a Post Office!
Friends Of Mine.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online