Duran Duran (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Duran Duran

It was in an interview with Simon LeBon, when they recorded in the studio they could get things right, but playing live shows would leave them no place to hide the fact that they were as much about image as the music. So they decided to work their butts off and become good enough to pull off a live concert, and as I said I have a lot of respect for them as a result.:D

rtbuck

Reaction score

Guitarist Andy Taylor's 'Dangerous' solo album from 1990 is worth checking out. It's a covers album & he does a cool job on AC/DC's "Live Wire"

runtfan

Reaction score

If I remember correctly when DD first garnered attention they were not very polished as musicians, but when they became popular they spent a lot of time becoming better players, which I have to respect.

I was never a fan, but I did see them in the spring of '84 - my girlfriend at the time liked them and it was her birthday present. They were much better live than I expected. As for their musicianship, the Taylor's - John. Roger, and Andy ( bass, drums, guitar respectively) were pretty good and carried the show musically. John and Andy were in Power Station with Robert Palmer and Tony Thompson ( ex-Chic drummer).

F

FoxyPage

*GASP*

I love Duran Duran! Girls on Film and The Reflex!!

Trickster

Reaction score

I like Duran Duran... even tho i think Duran Duran personified new wave for much of the mainstream audience. And for good reason, too. Duran Duran's reputation was built through music videos, which accentuated their fashion model looks and glamorous sense of style. Without music videos, it's likely that the band's pop-funk would have never made them international pop stars.

Some of the songs i like..

Hungry Like the Wolf
Girls on Film
Rio
The Reflex
Save a Prayer

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

First album is the best, they are really a pop band, good to see them still turning stuff out but not really a fan of their stuff.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I was a massive, massive fan of theirs early to mid eighties. My favourite albums were Rio and Seven and the Ragged Tiger. I don't listen to them much these days but did buy a greatest hits cd a couple of years ago and pop that on now and again much to Sox's disapproval :heheh:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

Duran Duran is always good on the ears for some cool tunes.. I like this song off the RIO lp.. Kinda a slick little groove.. And I really like the Bass playing of Simon Colley..

Bass player would be John Taylor :D

My sister liked them a lot so I learned to adapt - have a couple of DD albums too.

As far as I know the drummer, Roger Taylor, was very good from the get-go. The rest I dunno.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I was a massive, massive fan of theirs early to mid eighties. My favourite albums were Rio and Seven and the Ragged Tiger. I don't listen to them much these days but did buy a greatest hits cd a couple of years ago and pop that on now and again much to Sox's disapproval :heheh:

Yeah, those New Romantics didn't go down well with the rockers and metallers back then :heheh: ABC, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet... those are bands that would start fights back then :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.