Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March 2010

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

Surely he's joking??? If not he's as deluded as that other swollen-headed, egotistical dullard, Liam Gallagher.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

Surely he's joking??? If not he's as deluded as that other swollen-headed, egotistical dullard, Liam Gallagher.

That was a "Pearler" Tracey...:heheh:

Been a long time since I read the word Dullard but it fits like a glove in this instance.:cheers2

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Paul is a way better multi instrumentalist...fully capable on drums, guitar, bass, keys, ukelele, upright bass and probably a few wind instruments and kazoos as well. :heheh:

I won't debate songwriting because that's subjective and I own complete solo collections by all 4 fabs. It depends on the day who I'm into in the moment.

But all I'm saying is that Paul surpasses the other three when it comes to musicianship being percise and professional at all times live. :grinthumb

Great points and great post. :grinthumb

:cheers2

All this talk of Paul's questionable abilites reminds me of John Lennon's How Do You Sleep?

Yeah, Lennon wrote that peace loving tune, right after ''Imagine'' :rolleyes:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Ginger Baker is one hell of a unique drummer that has left his imprint on classic rock music during his time as 1/3 of Cream. Quite a few drummers cite him as a major influence at one time or another without hesitation. I've got his jazz albums and they're excellent.

That being said, Ginger, as a person, (and most people would agree) has always been a bit arrogant and somewhat bitter about the music industry and it virtually governs any interview he has given over the years. He is grumpier these days. John Bonham respected Ginger as a drummer and cited him as an influence but remarked "Ginger has always been a weird sort of a bloke".:heheh:

Interesting to note that another more famous, genius drummer (and miles ahead of Ginger) was pretty much an asshole most of his life and didn't have anything nice to say about most anybody. No question about his significance as a brilliant musician and easily commands respect from that standpoint.

... Buddy Rich

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Ginger Baker is one hell of a unique drummer that has left his imprint on classic rock music during his time as 1/3 of Cream. Quite a few drummers cite him as a major influence at one time or another without hesitation. I've got his jazz albums and they're excellent.

That being said, Ginger, as a person, (and most people would agree) has always been a bit arrogant and somewhat bitter about the music industry and it virtually governs any interview he has given over the years. He is grumpier these days. John Bonham respected Ginger as a drummer and cited him as an influence but remarked "Ginger has always been a weird sort of a bloke".:heheh:

Excellent post about Ginger Baker. You know what you're talking about.

And agree with the Buddy Rich point too, but I wouldn't say he miles ahead of Ginger Baker....but won't argue too much.

Good stuff, Odysseus. :grinthumb

:drums:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Thank you Groovy Man.:cheers2

Thinking about it, Buddy certainly wasn't disrespectful to his peers, in fact quite humble toward fellow jazz drummers of equal skill such as Max Roach, Elvin Jones, Philly Joe Jones and Tony Williams to name a few. When any of them would turn up in the audience at a Buddy Rich gig, Buddy would begin sweatin' a little about being on top of his game that night.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online