Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March 2010

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

Yeah....um....maybe I'd be more inclined to take Ginger's rant seriously if everyone he complained about wasn't ten times more relevant than he has been in about 40 years. ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

OMG! I have to disagree with you my dear. Pauly is not on par with John and/or George in that order. McCartney is no doubt a great pop star and the best ever screamer in rock history. Perfect example of his pop is Silly Love Songs which number more than not in his solo rock catalog. And Baker couldn't shine Ringo's shoes. Baker has over-rated himslef. And, BTW, I am not saying that Lennon was THE BEST at what he did. But within the circle of the band he was in known as The Beatles, well, it's all been said before. Another thing, I think The Beatles cannot be be equalled by anyone during their own reign and somewhat beyond. Now you know that this is my opinon which is worth zero as far as fact is concerned and I know that. The Beatles represent the early and middle part of my musical development, and now I am a lifetime fan. No other group comes near them. Many other people do not choose them as the greatest band, and they too are entilted and free to make that choice.

Paul is a way better multi instrumentalist...fully capable on drums, guitar, bass, keys, ukelele, upright bass and probably a few wind instruments and kazoos as well. :heheh:

I won't debate songwriting because that's subjective and I own complete solo collections by all 4 fabs. It depends on the day who I'm into in the moment.

But all I'm saying is that Paul surpasses the other three when it comes to musicianship being percise and professional at all times live. :grinthumb

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

Ginger Baker should join up with Joni Mitchell to form a super poop.

BeatlesFan

Reaction score

Astrid, nice avatar. I've honestly never seen the pic of The Beatles before. :)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Paul is a way better multi instrumentalist...fully capable on drums, guitar, bass, keys, ukelele, upright bass and probably a few wind instruments and kazoos as well. :heheh:

I can almost completely agree with you. Paul wasn't fully capable on drums though. He was only marginally capable on drums. Ringo was the fellow who was fully capable on drums.

:drums:

elfranco

Reaction score

Yeah....um....maybe I'd be more inclined to take Ginger's rant seriously if everyone he complained about wasn't ten times more relevant than he has been in about 40 years. ;)

Painfully true.

elfranco

Reaction score

I can almost completely agree with you. Paul wasn't fully capable on drums though. He was only marginally capable on drums. Ringo was the fellow who was fully capable on drums.

Ringo=Drums
All this talk of Paul's questionable abilites reminds me of John Lennon's How Do You Sleep?

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Heres Macca talking about his music

Erm I wondered HOW he managed to compose the Liverpool Oratorio
for the 150th Liverpool Philharmonic celebration if he can't read music ?

Carl Davis (conductor and composer) helped him I guess but wow :wtf:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:heheh: Well yeah, that goes without saying....but you know what I'm saying...I don't think John or George recorded full drum tracks for full albums before. :D

Ringo=Drums
All this talk of Paul's questionable abilites reminds me of John Lennon's How Do You Sleep?

Not questionable...just abilities. :grinthumb

Abraxas

Reaction score

:wtf:

Oookay. It looks like Ginger Baker has gone senile. :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online