New JIMI HENDRIX Album, 'Both Sides Of The Sky', Due In March

E-Z

Reaction score
I bought a cd version yesterday in the HMV store in London (that's in England for our US cousins) and it cost £10 also there was a stack of vinyl copies available as well. As for the contents of the cd well it's JIMI HENDRIX that's all you need to know the ultimate ROCK GOD!!.

A number of the cd tracks have been available before in the past via bootleg recordings but those bootlegs were by and large of poor to average sound quality.

E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
With regards to the Band of Gypsies not only was the music very good but in Hendrix you had a bona fide guitar god leading two other black brothers in Buddy Miles & Billy Cox playing heavy funky rock music at a time of national unrest in the USA with the whole anti-Vietnam war movement going on plus the Black Panthers and the Black Power movement as well so the visual impact of the band can't be overstated it was all a heavy mixture at the dawn of the new decade of 1970.

E-Z

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
With regards to the Band of Gypsies not only was the music very good but in Hendrix you had a bona fide guitar god leading two other black brothers in Buddy Miles & Billy Cox playing heavy funky rock music at a time of national unrest in the USA with the whole anti-Vietnam war movement going on plus the Black Panthers and the Black Power movement as well so the visual impact of the band can't be overstated it was all a heavy mixture at the dawn of the new decade of 1970.

E-Z

Yeah it had a bit more funk and jazz than most of the other Hendrix experience albums.
Which were also great. Just different.

The Steve Winwood / Clapton cover is way cool.

So is Santana with Buddy on vocals and guitar

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
The Band of Gypsies period is the period that many musicians and fans seem to like me included. I also like what followed as well with Jimi, Billy & Mitch during 1970.

It's such a crying shame Jimi died when he did if only he had lived one more year he would have completed the First Rays Of The New Rising Sun album to his own satisfaction and not other peoples interpretation's of it i.e. The Experience Hendrix estate plus he would have possibly toured the USA & Europe one more time and more importantly he would have recorded many more new songs and completed many other recordings that were left unfinished at the time of his death in September 1970.

"What a waste as a human being and to rock music..."

E-Z

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.