Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March 2010

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

No disrespect to Ginger but check it.

Is it REALLY that much greater than John Bonham,Keith Moon,Ringo Starr or Charlie Watts?? :heheh:

:wtf:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

MP, that's seriously a good idea. They're not going to get the same kind of feedback out of Bret. Baker would be perfect for Idol. :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

MP, that's seriously a good idea. They're not going to get the same kind of feedback out of Bret. Baker would be perfect for Idol. :D

Yup..."That's Terrible" That's Awful", "How come there are no drumming idols auditioning?" :heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Ahh Ginger Baker opens his fat trap again eh ?

Um ok it's just him ...but all due respect to his own talent,

John Lennon was NOT the best musician in The Beatles?

George Harrison and Paul were imo, but also they were more varied in the things they could play

, John was a great lyric writer but as a musician he really wasn't crap

reading music is great but plenty of musicians can't read music...and are amazing ?Music is about feeling and enjoying the sound. It's what inspires that person to pick up and play...who really cares HOW they got their talent...just enjoy it ?

Me thinks Mr Baker wants some attention and is jealous ..not like he gets along with HIS people :rolleyes:

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:clap:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Thefeldster said:
Well, if nothing else, you can't deny Ginger is an entertaining bugger.

Yes, that's for sure.

Ginger's rant is just more evidence that musicians, even successful ones, are very often disasters as music critics. The should stick to making music as opposed to criticizing that of others, especially if they themselves have a cantankerous streak.

:rolleyes:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Ginger Baker said:
But I hate the Stones and always have done. Mick Jagger is a musical moron. True, he is an economic genius.

Any band that forgets that rock music is part business ends up broke and in the scrap heap sooner rather than later.

:rolleyes:

elfranco

Reaction score

Ahh Ginger Baker opens his fat trap again eh ?

Um ok it's just him ...but all due respect to his own talent,

John Lennon was NOT the best musician in The Beatles?

George Harrison and Paul were imo, but also they were more varied in the things they could play

, John was a great lyric writer but as a musician he really wasn't crap

reading music is great but plenty of musicians can't read music...and are amazing ?Music is about feeling and enjoying the sound. It's what inspires that person to pick up and play...who really cares HOW they got their talent...just enjoy it ?

Me thinks Mr Baker wants some attention and is jealous ..not like he gets along with HIS people :rolleyes:

OMG! I have to disagree with you my dear. Pauly is not on par with John and/or George in that order. McCartney is no doubt a great pop star and the best ever screamer in rock history. Perfect example of his pop is Silly Love Songs which number more than not in his solo rock catalog. And Baker couldn't shine Ringo's shoes. Baker has over-rated himslef. And, BTW, I am not saying that Lennon was THE BEST at what he did. But within the circle of the band he was in known as The Beatles, well, it's all been said before. Another thing, I think The Beatles cannot be be equalled by anyone during their own reign and somewhat beyond. Now you know that this is my opinon which is worth zero as far as fact is concerned and I know that. The Beatles represent the early and middle part of my musical development, and now I am a lifetime fan. No other group comes near them. Many other people do not choose them as the greatest band, and they too are entilted and free to make that choice.

Dank

Reaction score

Baker was great and all, but so were all the other drummers he bashed. I think Keith Moon and Mitch Mitchell are just as talented or more talented then Baker and Ringo is about at the same skill level. Who cares if Paul McCartney can read music? He's still incredibly creative and is a wonderful bassist and pianist. I've lost a hell of a lot of respect for Ginger after this; all the people he bashed changed music history.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online