Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March 2010

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
"Keith Moon as a drummer? Nah. He was good with The Who, I suppose, when he tried to play like me....Moonie was a wonderful guy, but if you're going to judge from minus two to 10 then I'm a golden 10. Mitch Mitchell [The Jimi Hendrix Experience] was a journeyman. He was hopeless. John Bonham [Led Zeppelin], Ringo Starr [The Beatles], Charlie Watts [The Rolling Stones]...they're all three or four" ....

"But I hate the Stones and always have done. Mick Jagger is a musical moron. True, he is an economic genius. Most of 'em are *beep* morons....Paul McCartney boasts he can't read music! How can you call yourself a musicican, then? John Lennon was the best musician in The Beatles by a country mile. He was a very talented guy. But George Martin was The Beatles. Without him they'd have been nowhere."

:mad

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

Well, if nothing else, you can't deny Ginger is an entertaining bugger :heheh:

elfranco

Reaction score
Re: Cream's Ginger Baker trashes legends in Classic Rock Magazine, Issue #142, March

Here is some heresay RE: G. Baker. When Cream formed, Clapton was afraid Ginger was going to destroy Jack Bruce. They had musical history together and Ginger alwasy thought himslef to be a god-like figure. Read the autobiography by Clapton as it really get's into his head and he discusses his mates at length. Uh-oh, my wife's calling. Gotta go to Walmart to buy dishwashing liquid.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That was highly amusing to read...wait till Foxhound sees it.:heheh:

Don't mean to rain on Ginger's parade but the company of musicians he bashed are almost to a man more popular than he is or was. Maybe he has an album or book coming out himself, many celebs these days go on a rampage of bombastic fury to try and attract attention to themselves to sell something as much as any genuine hard feelings or rivalry from the ancient past.

Ginger...your rant was an 8/10 on your own scale.

However...the musicians in your rant are 9/10, so they win this one.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:oyea:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Could John Lennon read music??

No amount of money can necessarily keep you from going senile.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I love Celebrity gossip!

:oyea:

Flower

retired
Reaction score

Funny ... I was stating last night that I prefer Doug "Cosmo" Clifford's drumming to that of Ginger Baker .. I wonder what Ginger thinks of Cosmo???

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

This is ridiculous. Bonzo was way better than him, same with Watts and Moon. I don't see why is he dissing them 40 years after they died/disbanded/continue to play.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Maybe Ginger Baker should replace Simon Cowell on American Idol?
:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online