Country Music Recommendations

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about this guy but I have heard a couple of songs of his that I do like. Most notably this one:

Luke Bryan - Country Girl (Shake It For Me)

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score

The Secret Sisters

I just discovered them today. Kind of a retro-country sound, but with their harmonies the sound very folk Americana style. (Neko Case would love them!)

Not too much of worth available on Youtube yet, just a lot of live performances to small crowds, but to hear their second-album (released last week) they are more "plugged in" that the available media portrays them.

Their first album came out in 2010 and since they never wrote their own material before, it is a collection of old country standards (Bill Monroe, Buck Owens, Hank Williams). Only two original songs there.

But getting back to the present, their new album Put Your Needle Down is mostly, if not all, original material, and it sounds great!

The song "Black And Blue" is my fav off Put Your Needle Down.
wiggle_zpsbd4083f3.gif

Last edited:

OldSchool47

Banned
Reaction score
America is in a musical dark ages so it's impossible to find modern-day country music that's as good as the music Hank, Waylon, Willie, and Merle were doing in their prime. Honky Tonk Heroes. Good modern-day country exists but you won't hear it on the radio. It's buried deep. It's the music that White men and women of northwestern European ancestry in America in their late teens and 20s are listening to. It's an updated version of Merle's I'm A White Boy with different note patterns and syncopation. I prefer Merle's version. Call me OldSchool.

Arkie

Reaction score
Texas swing - Bob Wills cover band? lol Sadly i grew up on real country music , farwest Tx. yee-haw mofos. Dont get me me wrong, i hated it growing up , but now i appreciate it for what it was/is.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online