album-the-rising.jpg

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Re: Bruce Springsteen

DVDs:

live-in-new-york-dvd.jpg

2052f.jpg

Plus a making of the Born To Run album DVD, Live At Hammersmith Odeon, and the flip side of Devils and Dust is a DVD.

I have a serious Boss problem.:grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Here is a good cover that the NJ punk band The Bouncing Souls did in 08/09 in Asbury Park's convention hall. About 10 minutes from my home so Springsteen and The Bouncing Souls kind of will always have a special place in my heart even though I hate NJ.

I found the set list he gave me from his show in Hamilton ON in 08.

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score

I Think that his best songs are his longer more dramatic ones like The River and Jungleland. They really exemplify the soul and rhythm that Bruce fans have come to know and love.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I saw Springsteen in Indianapolis, Indiana back in 1984 after the release of Born in the USA. The man can put on a good show. He puts his soul into his shows.

Here is one song that is an epic closing song on his "Born to Run" album and becomes stallar when done live:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

I've never been much of a Springsteen fan, though he has performed quite a few songs that I'm very fond of. In particular: Born in the USA, Glory Days, and Brilliant Disguise stand out to me

rtbuck

Reaction score

Back in the late 80's they had a live simulcast show of Springsteen on the radio & I was blown away by his cover of John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom". I had taped the show on cassette & that cover actually became one of my favorite Springsteen tunes. I love the way he kind of mixed in the rhythm of Green Onions into the song once it kicked in.

I found that version on Youtube so here it is:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Back in the late 80's they had a live simulcast show of Springsteen on the radio & I was blown away by his cover of John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom". I had taped the show on cassette & that cover actually became one of my favorite Springsteen tunes. I love the way he kind of mixed in the rhythm of Green Onions into the song once it kicked in.

I found that version on Youtube so here it is:

So COOL!! :cheers2

Reaction score

I think it's safe to say, he's earned his nickname, "The Boss".. It's a very fitting name.. he makes covers his own, and his writing is brilliant, his playing so energetic, even on slow/downbeat songs.. there's energy.. some bands do a slow song and just drone on and on, but not Springsteen.. The E Street Band can be given credit for that as well, but Bruce drives them, he's the one at the wheel, they just make it a damn fun ride to wherever they're going:heheh:

I'm listening to The River Album right now

River.jpg

A perfect example from this album, of the slow songs that still have tons of energy:D

Drive All Night(Live)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online