Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Re: Bruce Springsteen

eberg15101 wrote:

yeah, I'd give just about anything to see it, but I don't think its a possibility, last tour he did which was either last year or two years ago the crappy seats were close to five hundred bucks :heheh: soo... I don't know haha

The only positive thing I see in that is if he takes that five hundred bucks and give it to the needy.

Reaction score

eberg15101 wrote:

yeah, I'd give just about anything to see it, but I don't think its a possibility, last tour he did which was either last year or two years ago the crappy seats were close to five hundred bucks :heheh: soo... I don't know haha

The only positive thing I see in that is if he takes that five hundred bucks and give it to the needy.

and if I had five hundred extra bucks to give to the needy I'd sure as hell do it, I do agree springsteen seems like a very good person though, I bet hes a totally cool guy

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

eberg15101 wrote:

and if I had five hundred extra bucks to give to the needy I'd sure as hell do it, I do agree springsteen seems like a very good person though, I bet hes a totally cool guy

Yeah unfortunately I'm not at all certain if that's what he does, though lots of people feel that if they can help through their wealth then the world would be a much better place. Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" is a classic tale about it! :D I only said that earlier though cause it was a feeling I got while watching the "Streets of Philadelphia" video.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I hated Springsteen until the Born in the USA album came out & it's not that I even really liked that album but one guy I worked with was a Springsteen Freak & from 1980 until '84 he always would try to convince me that I'd like the Boss if I gave him a chance.
I went to a used record store & picked up Darkness on the Edge of Town & really liked it. I ended up going to see Bruce in 1985 because a bunch of my friends from work were going & I thought why not,it's a concert. That show really changed me & eventually I picked up all of his records but my favorite album is still Darkness.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I haven't listened to "Darkness" in years, but it didn't leave much of a mark unlike "Born To Run" which is my favorite recording.

I'll have to play Darkness again and see if I have changed my opinion about it.

Reaction score

eberg15101 wrote:

Yeah unfortunately I'm not at all certain if that's what he does, though lots of people feel that if they can help through their wealth then the world would be a much better place. Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" is a classic tale about it! :D I only said that earlier though cause it was a feeling I got while watching the "Streets of Philadelphia" video.

haha, yeah, I know he does some charity stuff, and in the past he has done a lot of good with album sales and such, which one was it that he had stuff go to 911 the rising, the music was kind of lame but whatever

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Love Springsteen grew up listening to him. Live in the same area he is from. My mom's exboyfriend's brother is his trainer so I got to see him live many times. Even got a picture with him, Weingberg, Van Zant and some other celebs that were there too see him. (Mick Foley the wrestler, Chaz Palminteri, Lorraine Bracco the Sopranos and Good Fellas.) It is funny to see these people who you would not think like his music actually being huge fans of his.

Great shows even at his age. Love Nebraska the most really shows his talent.

If you have never seen him I highly suggest it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

He was here a few months ago CN, but my hearing can't take live shows anymore, so I had to pass. He still kicks butt after all these decades of touring, and he gives you everything when he performs, a true Legend and deserving of the title "The Boss".

F

FoxyPage

I have the Tunnel of Love album and I wanted to marry Bruce as a kid <3

I kept it on my dresser and just stared with hearts in my eyes.

:blush:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online