Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Re: Bruce Springsteen

^^ I agree. Manfred Mann does very good versions of all 3 songs but didn't Bruce sue, or somebody did, over Blinded By The Light? I seem to dimly remember something about MM recording without first obtaining the right to do so. Anybody got any info on that?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I remember first getting into Springsteen, it was because of his Devil and Dust album:

Ever since then, i've always enjoyed his music, haven't given him a lot of listen recently, but he'll always be someone I turn to when I am in the mood:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Not yet posted in The Boss topic since I joined I don't think, though you can tell from my sig exactly where my loyalties lie, Bruce is probably my #1 all time, seen him live 6 times, which is nothing, I have friends back in the States who when he tours they see him 6 times a year!!!

Not sure what to say about him at this point with my first post, except his music is pretty life-changing once you open up your ears and hearts to it, and for me he can do no wrong (well actually, that's incorrect, because IMO the Working on a Dream album was a total disaster, almost from start to finish)

Here's a couple of tracks I love to get me into this thread...If I Should Fall is my favourite Bruce song ever, maybe the best love song he ever wrote, listen to how the rest of the band just suck you in here too, and that is one sexy sax solo by THE BIG MAN. And Devil's Arcade is an amazing song, and for once a good job on the video here too. Better Days is IMO one of his best rockers, so play it LIVE sometimes Boss!!!

Reaction score

A great song from The River
album-Bruce-Springsteen-The-River.jpg

The Price You Pay - Live 1980

Reaction score

It may very well have become my favorite Springsteen album.. It has the simplicity and mysticism of Nebraska, but it's very full and lively. The song qualities are similar IMO.. it isn't as upbeat and anthemous as Born in the USA or even Born to Run, but it has qualities of all of them. It's almost like a continuation of Darkness IMO.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online