British Blues Boom(Revival) History

joe

Reaction score
Great medley Sox. I haven't heard it before. Here's a track from thier first album, Scratching The Surface, a tune from Muddy Waters who also had an influence on T.S. Really what blues rock band from that era in the UK didn't have a Muddy Waters influence(?).

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ And that is definitely on my wish list Joe, it's a one that got away for me .. you know there's just so much to try and get hold of.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
As the Boom progressed the music started to develop a heavier slant and the guitar started to rock the blues over a more creative rhythm IMO.

:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
At the back end of the decade the blues was headed in different directions but was still very much at the core.

joe

Reaction score
^^^ And that is definitely on my wish list Joe, it's a one that got away for me .. you know there's just so much to try and get hold of.

I hear ya Sox. The never ending quest will never be fulfilled. There's no such thing as contentment when it comes to music.:D

The 'Hogs first album is basically straight ahead "traditional" blues as it wasn't until thier second album that they starting incorporating psych and prog, but none the less it's raw, smokin' blues.

This Was is my fav Tull album. Huge fan of Mick Abrahams and Blodwyn Pig.

Here's a band that doesn't get much recognisation IMO. Tramline featured guitarist Micky Moody who went onto Juicy Lucy and eventually to Whitesnake. I think you probably know that.

I have thier second album on CD, Moves Of Vegetable Centuries. Youtube only had one video from the album which was a version of Traffic's "Pearly Queen" which IMO isn't one of the better tracks off the CD. So I uploaded a video to youtube to download here. Great album. Highly recommended.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Nice one Joe and one I have not come across before. I will have to have a dig around for some Tramline gear ,, Micky Moody is one of my favourite slide guitar players of recent years. :cheers2

joe

Reaction score
Sox, I'll throw up a couple more tunes from Tramline sometime over the next day for ya. Hell, I'm just sittin' on my azz anyway. Might as well be of some use.:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
That's great Joe, I love these hidden gems you and DKW throw up in various threads.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Brilliant Joe I gotta get that album .. hell of a groove those two tracks. Nice one.

A quick one from Santa Barbara Machine Head .. Jon Lord rattles the keys and Ron Wood makes an appearance too.

They did a track called "Porcupine Juice" which was really good I thought.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online