British Blues Boom(Revival) History

joe

Reaction score
Sox, I know there is more family trees of British blues rockers as I have a couple of Pete Frames books. All I could find. These books with a few others where my guides to rock music back in the day before the internet wasn't even a thought.

Graham Bond was another one of those great bands that launched so many careers. Good stuff.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^That's a good point Joe .. they would sometimes do the rock/blues family trees in some of the music mags I used to buy and then they did a tv show tracing the roots of well known bands .. and yeah I guess that was how I got to know "who and when" really.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
One from Savoy Brown .. off the first album.

Brice Portius: Vocals
Kim Simmonds: Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Martin Stone: Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Ray Chappell: Bass
Leo Mannings: Drums, Percussion

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Early Fleetwood Mac "Watch Out" .. taking the electric blues head on and coming out smiling the other side .. respect.:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Chicken Shack the Mac's Blue Horizon Stable Mates .. The Vernon Brothers did a fine job presenting the British Blues sound. :grinthumb

Stan Webb a great guitar player.

joe

Reaction score
^^^Three more great guitarists Sox, Peter Green, Kim Simmonds, and Stan Webb.

Stan Webb formed Broken Glass in 1975 and released only one album. Keef Hartley(John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Keef Hartley Band) on drums; guitarist Robbie Blunt(Silverhead, Robert Plant solo, The Honeydrippers).

Here's the band's version of It's Evil(Evil):

joe

Reaction score
^^^Hey guys, just wanted to give ya heads up on that album. There is about four excellent tracks and the rest is...not really so good IMO. I would give it a 5/10. Better off picking up another Chicken Shack album.

BTW Sox, I was going to post Little Red Rooster a couple a days ago. No BS. Classic tune.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online