British Blues Boom(Revival) History

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Joe I just dug this one out .. Cyril Davies All Stars with Long John Baldry .. paying their dues to the American blues greats. A nod to Muddy.:bow:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Now I do love the British blues boom, one of my fave periods, got a lot of material from this time, Alexis Korner was one of the best IMO along with Mayall and Greeny...some beautiful music that is timeless:)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
The musicians that kicked off with their first tentative steps in that early boom period later became the UK's most celebrated stars. Alexis Korner helped so many people on their way, he is a legend.
As you mentioned Long John Baldry Joe .. I thought I'd post a fave of mine that he did.:)

Wow! I really enjoyed listening to Long John Baldry :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Sunny I really like the feel of that one .. Here's another pearl from Cyril Davies.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Now I do love the British blues boom, one of my fave periods, got a lot of material from this time, Alexis Korner was one of the best IMO along with Mayall and Greeny...some beautiful music that is timeless:)

You know it Sweat old lad :cheers2 A bit of Mayall and Greeny.

Pete's guitar work is killer diller IMO.

joe

Reaction score
I think I prefer Hard Road to the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton. Sox, this track from Hard Road is my fav and has that eerie ambience Peter Green took forth into Fleetwood Mac. One can hear that Green obviously influenced Carlos Santana.

Yet other great musicians appeared on this album; Aynsley Dunbar, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Joe that's a ground breaking bit of guitar work IMO. I don't honestly know which album I prefer but I can see your point ,, most definitely. I'll put up a track with a little of Eric's guitar to keep things rolling. :)

Great Thread Joe .. really got me thinking.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
The Graham Bond Organisation all four passed through The Blues Inc. Graham Bond. Jack Bruce, Dick Heckstall-Smith and Ginger Baker.

joe

Reaction score
Here's another of Pete Frames family tree for the 2nd. wave of the British blues boom. Only some of the bands are represented.

1967+Blues+Boom.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Great stuff Joe .. seeing as the tree starts from '67 I thought I'd post John Mayall's new guitar recruit of that year.:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online