Blue Oyster Cult's 'Burnin' For You' Question

revrnd

Reaction score
This question is for long time listeners. A few years ago while travelling, I heard a version on the radio that seemed to have more keyboard in the background (or it was more noticeable). I had never noticed this before. I don't have an original cassette or CD to compare it too.

Has the keyboard always been present or are radio stations now playing a remixed/remastered version?

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
A remastered version is always possible. I know when Chicago's albums went to CD, you could hear Terry Kath's guitar work about 100x better.

There was a BÖC album called Cult Classics (1994) which contained re-recorded versions of all the hits. Maybe that radio station pulled the track from there?

You can probably find every version imaginable on youtube. Just type in Blue Oyster Cult & the album name, then find the track in question.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing with re-recorded or remastered BOC stuff on the radio. In addition to BFY, Don't Fear the Reaper is re-recorded/remastered for the radio. Haven't noticed this with any other bands, just BOC. You weren't by any chance traveling through North Central Illinois, were you? Our radio station here, 96.7 The Eagle only plays the versions you speak of.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Any chance it could've been a live version? Some radio stations do a "live tracks" type of thing.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online