Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Black Sabbath (Official)

I will if my friend MP doesn't do it first, sometimes I like to drop hints and then "Boom" before you know it a thread is born.:tup:

And thanks for the compliment Thumper.:D

Oh I am picking up that Ozzy CD you told me about "No More Tears", soon.:guitar:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

So that's why your always winking.. Hint hint..

You'll hopefully like the Ozzy CD.. Just don't come looking for me if you think it was a waste on money.. I can run really fast..
Crank up.. "Mr Tinkertrain" when you get it!! Big sound there!!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I'm sure LG is saavy enough to check out No More Tears via Flac files first before he shells out cold cash for the cd, Thumper. ;)

But I agree, it is one of his better solo cds (along with Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin and Ozzmosis).

And while you're at it, LG... check out the Flacs for Sabbath's Heaven and Hell album. Better than The Mob Rules, imo (which was still a decent album in itself).

As for my own self, I like all the Ozzy-fronted Sabbath albums, but I absolutely love, love, love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (esp. Spiral Architect), with Master of Reality coming in a close second.

I kind of lost track of them in the 80's, but they did have a great song in 1987 with "The Shining".

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Yes!! KMET that's a good idea.. OK I'm going to say it.. Sharon Osbourne.. Daughter of a Don Arden.. A big time promoter..Savior of Ozzy..
Pulled him out of the dusty pizza pie boxes and broken down dreams and made him a star again.. End of story..
Who knows what Ozzy would have been if she would have ended up with DIO..Hmmm. Remember.. I said IF
Oh well.. He still living the life.. And has got things on track.. Behind every Rock Star.. is a women who can tame the savage beast..

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

My favorite tune is Paranoid then Sweet Leaf. Iron man is good but way to popular.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Sabotage(1).jpg

:tl:

"Hole in the Sky" – 3:59
"Don't Start (Too Late)" – 0:49
"Symptom of the Universe" – 6:29
"Megalomania" – 9:46
"Thrill of It All" – 5:56
"Supertzar" – 3:44
"Am I Going Insane (Radio)" – 4:16
"The Writ" – 8:09

I find Sabotage to be one of the bands best albums. It holds to the original sounds of Black Sabbath but is more streamlined and "rock n roll" friendly with a couple slower songs that get overlooked. This album is one that Iommi did the production for, and his studio obsession really shows, but I still find this album a brilliant mix of all of the different styles of music that Sabbath was capable of creating.

Symptom of the Universe

Great song name! and one of their better compilations is called "Symptom of the Universe: The Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978) :grinthumb

Supertzar

this song is much slower and sounds like a choir...very different that other Sabbath works.

Hole in the Sky

Now this is Sabbath :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah!! Sabotage!!! Nice Magic!! One of my favorite epic pieces comes off that gem!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online