Black Sabbath to Release Box Set of Early Albums

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Black-Sabbath-Rhino.jpg

The albums Black Sabbath recorded during their first go-round with Ozzy Osbourne will be collected in a new box set. Rhino will release ‘Black Sabbath: The Complete Studio Albums 1970-1978′ on April 15.

Included in the set are compact discs — housed in a clamshell box — of the eight records they made in that time frame, from their 1970 self-titled debut all the way up to 1978′s ‘Never Say Die.’ Following the tour in support of that album, Osbourne was fired due to his substance abuse issues replaced by Ronnie James Dio.

Black Sabbath’s successful reunion last year, which saw them win a Best Metal Performance Grammy for their song ‘God Is Dead?’ and embark on a world tour, will continue in 2014. They will play 12 dates — two in the U.S. and 10 in Canada — over the course of a month beginning March 31 in Brooklyn. However, they have dismissed talk of recording a follow-up to ‘13,’ while admitting that they are ruling nothing out.

‘Black Sabbath: The Complete Studio Albums: 1970-1978′

‘Black Sabbath’ (1970)
‘Paranoid’ (1970)
‘Master of Reality’ (1971)
‘Vol. 4′ (1972)
‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath’ (1973)
‘Sabotage’ (1975)
‘Technical Ecstasy’ (1976)
‘Never Say Die!’ (1978)

Read More: Black Sabbath to Release Box Set of Early Albums | Black Sabbath to Release Box Set of Early Albums

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Cool for those who do not own the albums, or perhaps only have one or two of them, but I do own them all, so I'll skip this box. These kind of boxes are usually quite cool though. I did buy the ZZ Top one, because some of the albums were in the original vinyl mix, which had not previously been available on CD.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Any idea of how much this box set will be and where could I pick it up? When it comes out of course, I need a birthday gift anyway XD and I am going to ask for either this set or some cash for Vinyl :D.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Almost all those are out in new vinyl anyway, which interests me more than another CD box set.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I'm actually missing a few (nothing grows feet faster than Sabbath albums) but I'd only consider such a huge purchase if it came with some new/old material. I'd walk through fire to hear more songs from the Vol 4 through Sabotage era. Who am I kidding? I'd walk through fire to hear anything from the Ozzy era.

The only additional material I ever heard that I was thoroughly disappointed with was Judas Priests extra song that I think were included on the cd version of Sin After Sin. Something about 'you better run from the devil's gun'.....truly cringe worthy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online