Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Black Sabbath (Official)

:oy:
Can't get enough of Black Sabbath!! Love every album they did.. I found it interesting when Ozzy was describing how the band first got together and how he said all their equipment was second hand and worn out. But if you listen to the quality of their debut.. WOW!! Those guys are so tight.. And Ozzy voice blows me away.. Not to mention the lyrical genius of Iommi and Geezer... Amazing group..
This was such a big hit with me when I got this album in the mail..

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Black_Sabbath_SbS.jpg

:bow::bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I will post my collection later,,,but I only have the Sabbath with Ozzy in the band. I know everyone likes Dio but I never picked up the albums with him on vocals.

Maybe you all can enlighten me on that score.

Oh and nice thread MP, if anyone stumbles across an old thread and is itching to do a new improved one, just let us know via PM and we'll most likely oblige. The forum is picking up speed and new members so it's time to finish our renovations.:grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I will post my collection later,,,but I only have the Sabbath with Ozzy in the band. I know everyone likes Dio but I never picked up the albums with him on vocals.

I hear you on this one LG.. I picked up Mob Rules and when I played it there was DIO!! I was like WTH happened to Ozzy????? Ozzy is the only person in my book who should sing with Sabbath.. DIO in his own Metal world has some jewels.. But in all reverence for BS.. Let's give Ozzy the credit for being the one who is the last piece of the Sabbath puzzle..

rtbuck

Reaction score

I seen them twice with Dio & I know I've said it before on this Forum but the first time as with BOC opening around '80 on the Black & Blue Tour & BOC totally blew them away. I really loved the Heaven & Hell album but I was so dissappointed in them that night. Evertime Iommi soloed during a song there was Dio yelling "OHHHH"or "OOOOH" or "Yeahhh" or "Ohhh Oooh Yeahhhhh!" every 5 seconds. It was really kind of annoying.
I seen them on the Mob Rules tour with Alvin Lee opening & they were much better. Also around that time a movie called 'Black & Blue Tour' came out & it played at Midnight on a Saturday Night.I went & it was pretty wild with half the crowd being drunk out of their minds yelling for Ozzy.
Black Sabbath...I first heard of them around '78 when a friend put on 'Master of Reality' which I thought was the coolest shit."Sweet Leaf" was so cool with the coughing in the beginning & then that familiar riff cranking out(I had no idea it was about Pot!). Anyway I was so amazed with that record (& right now I have "Into the Void" running through my mind) that I traded my friend an original Beatles Sgt Pepper album for it! Ireally love all of the Ozzy/Sabbath stuff,even Technical Ecstacy

Trickster

Reaction score

It's kinda long but i love this live performance of "War Pigs"

Probably my favorite Sabbath song.. The Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

There is no such thing as a song "too long" when it comes to Sabbath Trickster. :heheh: :grinthumb

Alot of cool posts!!! Awesome photos and song choices!!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

One of my favorite songs by Sabbath..I think Pantera did a cover of this song if I'm not mistaken

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Whoo hoo! I'm finally listening to enough Sabbath now to make a comment or two! After hearing a couple of songs I can hear the influence on what some posters here call Doom metal! I heard it particularly on the Black Sabbath song itself.

Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath

The song that caught my ear that I liked and didn't expect out of Black Sabbath was this one:

Black Sabbath-Changes

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online