Best Rock Album of The Last 20 Years...

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Wow, going all the way back to 1990 makes me feel ancient. And there were some monster albums back in the 90's to choose from, too.

But my favorite rock album since 1990 is Shinedown's Leave A Whisper from 2003, which, imo, is excellent all the way through.

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
Anything by Black Country Communion. They're my Led Zep replacement therapy.

Edit: Oops, just realised we're talking 1990 - 2010. But I think BCC just scrape in with the first album?

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
One album that took knocked me out when it came out was New Miserable Experience by the Gin Blossoms.
It came at the end of when Alternative was still Alternative and nobody I worked with knew anything about it and hearing that album totally changed a lot of musical tastes. A lot of hair metal fans hung their heads a bit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/gin-blossoms-new-miserable-experience-at-25-w473690

And thinking of that time brings back some other great stuff that never got as popular.
The Posies for instance. Just the best Beatles / Big Star influenced pop song craft type of "modern" bands. The Beatles influence shines through. In a good way.

Last edited:

Cretin

Reaction score
Frank Turner - Tapedeck Heart (2013) - Turner went for a hard punk frontman with Million Dead into one heck of a songwriter. The lyrics are poignant, the rock is fresh, and a few of the songs are pure genius ("Four Simple Words," "Recovery").
File:Tape_Deck_Heart_Album_Cover.jpg

Krasus

Reaction score
Hard to choose just one album. In a span of last 20 years, quite a few outstanding albums have been issued. If I have to pick one rock (which really matters here!) album, I'll go with American Idiot by Green Day. I'm not too much into punk rock, but this record, man...

First, just great songs, you would never expect some of them coming from Green Day. Like 10-minute-long Jesus Of Suburbia (the 'old' Green Day problably would be able to pack 4 or 5 songs in such span).

Second, the impact this album wielded. Plenty of radio hits, very memorable cover, kids going crazy like they haven't been since... say, Nevermind? This happens once in quite a time and I think it's save to say, this album is a significant element of contemporary pop culture.

Third, personal reasons. Back in 2004 or 2005, I was 13, laying in a hospital bed. My parent brought me this CD and I sank in it completely. True enough, I'm still sunk.

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover.jpg

RISING66

Reaction score
Being that this post was created in 2010 and now it's 2018 I will go back 20 years from now. 1998-2018 best rock album would be.....

51+hNRjZDVL.jpg

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
Last 20 years I can't really put my beer bottle on it. :brew:

If I gotta shoot @ a 20 year window...............

I'll go with Creed ~My Own Prison~

I think I still missed it by a year?

:dunno:

jakebeach420

music nerd,
Reaction score
there are only two albums that are the greatest rock albums of the 90s In my honest opinion and nothing has touched them since and they are

Nirvana in utero released in 1993
alice in chains dirt released in 1992710XKXHIeNL._SL1400_.jpg CS377373-01A-BIG.jpg

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Hydrazoic Acid said:
"Innuendo" (by Queen, 1991) In my opinion, this is probably one of the best rock albums of all time.
I wrote it 7 years ago. For now, if we talk about albums, released between 1998 and 2018, my favourite is:

Scorpions_-_Humanity-_Hour_I.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online