Best heavy metal band of the 80's

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Who was the best heavy metal band of the 80's?

I am not one for labels much myself, but in this case I Had to say something Thumper, my OCD was twitching like crazy...:lmao:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I am not one for labels much myself, but in this case I Had to say something Thumper, my OCD was twitching like crazy...:lmao:

Who in the hell took it to the next level thinking calling it a different name other than Rock was such a good thing???:wtf: I'm so confused!!!:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have my own word I invented for this phenomenon..."Overgenrefication!"...works for me.:D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'd say Metallica or Queensryche. Been a fan of Metallica for about 22 years so it's an obvious choice for me, but Queensryche, purely because 'Operation: Mindcrime' blew me away like no other album and was never off my stereo!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You are quickly becoming one of my heroes Tray...I love Mindcrime.:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Dio?

Judas Priest?

Iron Maiden?

Metallica?

New Kids on the Block (ruff and tuff cuts) :heheh:

Any of these would be worthy of the crown. Well, almost all of them

rtbuck

Reaction score

That is funny...lol.

I gather that now there is a state of peace between Hetfield & Co. and Mustaine, but there is so much history between the two bands that they'll be linked in music history forever.;)

Here's another one, Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

Great album LG! I've never been too huge on Megadeth but I do like the debut,Peace Sells, & Rust in Peace. Back in the late 80's when I worked in the bakery I used to start work at 4AM along with a couple of girls & we used to sing a lot so we would call ourselves Art & the Bavarian Cream Donettes & I came up with an album title & song titles we used to joke around with 'Donuts Sell but who's Frying' with hit singles like "Crueller to Be Kind" & "Donut Make Your Brown Eyes Blue"

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Great album LG! I've never been too huge on Megadeth but I do like the debut,Peace Sells, & Rust in Peace. Back in the late 80's when I worked in the bakery I used to start work at 4AM along with a couple of girls & we used to sing a lot so we would call ourselves Art & the Bavarian Cream Donettes & I came up with an album title & song titles we used to joke around with 'Donuts Sell but who's Frying' with hit singles like "Crueller to Be Kind" & "Donut Make Your Brown Eyes Blue"

:lmao: Too funny Bucky..:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online