August 16 1977 Death Of Elvis (Where were you?)

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I was 12 years old at the time. I was in a car with my friend Alan and Ed, his dad. We were on our way home from Belmont Shores. We were listening to the radio and heard the report. Ed was bummed but Alan and I just looked at each other and shrugged. At that time Elvis was, to me, either that fat guy in the white jumpsuit or the guy in those crappy movies that I'd see on T.V. on Saturday afternoons. It wasn't until a few years later that I started listening to his music. I then understood what a tragic loss it really was. John Lennon's murder a few years later ripped my heart out.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have no idea where I was...:dunno:

I was living in our PMQ in Namao, but that's about all I can say.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I'm sure Michelle Bachman has no idea where she was. At a rally yesterday, she told the crowd to take a moment to wish a Happy Birthday to Elvis Presley. Unfortunately yesterday wasn't Elvis' birthday, it was the anniversary of his passing. Oops!:lmao:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how Americans are aware of his death date. Did you hear the crowd cheer when she said it?

My guess is someone told her today was his birthday and she took it at face value.

Now if she had said he was still alive...that would have been strange.

hawk11

Reaction score
Going on my flawed memory I believe I was hanging out on my cousin's stoop with some friends and someone mentioned that Elvis had passed away. If I'm not mistaken Groucho Marx died around the same time as well as some other celebrity who's name escapes me (they always go in threes).

It was a pretty wild summer here in NYC being we had a blackout in July as well as the serial killer David Berkowitz (The Son Of Sam) still on a rampage and was captured I believe a week before Presley's death.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Syracuse, NY. 8 years old. I was riding my bike to 7-11 and heard the clerk talking about it when I went inside.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online