August 16 1977 Death Of Elvis (Where were you?)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I was sat with my older sister and the news came on Radio Trent, I still remember the look of disbelief on her face. R.I.P. Elvis.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
1977?

I was... -14 years old. So, you can imagine how much fun a negative fourteen year old would be having during this time.

In all seriousness, I like Elvis. don't listen to his music often, but I wouldn't say I never have. I knew a girl in middle school who was obsessed with him. It was cute, and scary at the same time.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I only vaguely remember being very, very young teen walking from our apartment a few miles after school to this newstand to look at the new NFL pre-season magazines. I was mad about football then [still am]... The man who was running the stand had this teeny radio that blared the news. He was in shock and I wasn't quite sure what the fuss was about. It was a year later when rock and roll hit me...

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember where I was or what I was doing when Elvis died. I do remember when John Lennon died though.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I only vaguely remember being very, very young teen walking from our apartment a few miles after school to this newstand to look at the new NFL pre-season magazines. I was mad about football then [still am]... The man who was running the stand had this teeny radio that blared the news. He was in shock and I wasn't quite sure what the fuss was about. It was a year later when rock and roll hit me...

I didn't know too much about his music history at that point. I was only 11 when he died, but I knew him very well from his movies. They were on pretty much every Sunday afternoon and I loved watching them.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Living room of my old home when I was a kid....

Remember it being on the news

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I remember it well, I was seven & outside playing with friends when my mum came and told us that Elvis had died. I'd never really taken much notice of his music, but I remember still feeling shocked and sad.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can remember hearing the news on the radio...."Folks, it's a sad day. Elvis Presley has been found dead". I was getting ready to begin my junior year in High School and a bunch of us teens were busy building a Float for the opening football game. When that announcement came on the radio, we all stopped and let out this "Gasp". Total disbelief.

:rip:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I was -9 years old at the time. :D

I can imagine it was as heartbreaking to the music industry and as big of a tabloid machine as when Michael Jackson died. I've never lived through a big music death besides that one. I remember when Princess Diana died though. I know she's not a musician but I can imagine the aftermath of Elvis' death was similar to that.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online