An awesome website to discover new music

TB_

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong section.

tothebestof.com

It's basically a website where you simply type in the name of an artist or a band, and it'll find the 10 most popular songs. You click the play button and it'll automatically play through all of them.

It has many advantages compared to, lets say, spotify.
It's in the browser, no need for an annoying program that opens each time you boot your pc. The style is extremely minimalistic, there is no ads, and it suggests 3 similar band at the bottom.

Why not give it a try with muse? :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That does look like a great site to check out a band, although I am not one for compilations generally and prefer to listen to a complete album.

Still as a resource it looks top shelf.

Berserker

Reaction score
Me too, but Spotify has ads, does your thing have ads? That would make me have to check it out. I listen to last.fm, no ads. My music in spotify, no ads. And if I listen to a whole album they usually don't interrupt it unless it's really long. There is an option to turn off boot at startup and lower the cache so no problems there. I like using a program, less memory leaks than my browser (chrome) over the long haul.

Plus, no deep cuts that way. Like LG was saying, not good for the album experience and a lot of rock music is album rock. (Led Zep I don't think ever put out a single, those men dropped records).

So it sounds handy in a pinch like now I am on linux and have no spotify so I can use that if I want and it's another option.

TB_

Reaction score
Me too, but Spotify has ads, does your thing have ads? That would make me have to check it out. I listen to last.fm, no ads. My music in spotify, no ads. And if I listen to a whole album they usually don't interrupt it unless it's really long. There is an option to turn off boot at startup and lower the cache so no problems there. I like using a program, less memory leaks than my browser (chrome) over the long haul.

Plus, no deep cuts that way. Like LG was saying, not good for the album experience and a lot of rock music is album rock. (Led Zep I don't think ever put out a single, those men dropped records).

So it sounds handy in a pinch like now I am on linux and have no spotify so I can use that if I want and it's another option.

Absolutely no ads. And I get your point about listening to full albums. However, this is a great gateway to start liking a band. It's nice to just see if you get a feel for them, and then you can try the albums later. And it's not like every band makes albums like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Berserker

Reaction score
Wow, listening now, there are some deep cuts on here, it's not all singles, they did actually pick good songs. I am feeling it, I wish I could get the plays from it into my last.fm, but I will give that a rest and just listen. Their server is in Argentina according to the registration info on the site. Last.fm is in the UK and seems to stutter on my slow connection if I am using bandwidth. This seems to buffer a lot better, I am enjoying it, thanks.

Lovesongs

Reaction score
Heh.
Just tried "Jimi Hendrix".
Results: Nothing.

Kinda makes you think...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member