Spotify

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I sometimes play music at random from my iTunes library on Bluetooth speakers during pick up hockey but every once in a while, I start a playlist on Spotify and get the boys to collaborate. After seeing the most recent list I offered to share not progressing well and drawing inspiration from from the Saw movies, I gave the group this threat: “I have added “Hotel California” and “Back In Black” to the playlist. If you want to decrease the odds of hearing these songs, add your four songs to the list. You have 24 hours.”
I believe it was successful.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score

Attachments

• 7966BCE9-8D81-4C63-8759-303A29E67327.jpg
    7966BCE9-8D81-4C63-8759-303A29E67327.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3
  • F2225713-D996-4C78-AB3E-7F7BD1B47DA0.jpg
    F2225713-D996-4C78-AB3E-7F7BD1B47DA0.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 808D376B-33D8-47A1-960A-63C9F8A0993C.jpg
    808D376B-33D8-47A1-960A-63C9F8A0993C.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I would say Spotify accounts for less than half my total music listening. I mostly listen to Spotify while at work within range of our wifi signal. Perhaps less than half the day.
But while driving, many other times while at work, and during hockey, I’m listening to music from my iTunes library or music files I have on a tablet.
Many artists I don’t typically listen to via Spotify because I do not want any interruptions.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I’m convinced that Spotify’s modus operandi is to continue to push sh!tty rap/hip hop/modern pop down the ears of their subscribers.
I noticed that too when a family member mentioned that I should check out Spotify. That lasted about a couple day's and stuck to my old reliable YOU TUBE.. I would rather watch video's than just do audio.. Industry music mongers target young crowds and I guess they are happy with that age group.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I recently tried YouTube Music app and found that, while there are more commercials rotated, there are also more commercials. Now I understand that I can expect this treated if I continue to use free accounts; those blokes must generate income somehow. But on YTM, it seemed like a commercial played after every song. Not the same commercial but commercials too often. Free accounts with Spotify get you the same commercials played over and over but at least you get to hear two songs or more before the next wave hits.
I still prefer a free account with Spotify over a free account with YouTube Music.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I recently tried YouTube Music app and found that, while there are more commercials rotated, there are also more commercials. Now I understand that I can expect this treated if I continue to use free accounts; those blokes must generate income somehow. But on YTM, it seemed like a commercial played after every song. Not the same commercial but commercials too often. Free accounts with Spotify get you the same commercials played over and over but at least you get to hear two songs or more before the next wave hits.
I still prefer a free account with Spotify over a free account with YouTube Music.
This was my gripe and a few years ago. I burned you tube by using a ad blocker that wouldn't allow any ads at all. You Tube also being a free music source, it was grand to search and find just about anything on there. But now they have pushed for people using Ad Blockers to see a message when you click to watch a video that you have to turn off your ad blocker.. That comes with the pain of once again, seeing the ads. You can hit the skip button, but they also got crafty and started this new thing that say's "Your Video will start soon". I guess maybe some tech company will figure out how to get past the wall they now enforce on people using the FREE service. Even if you pay for YTP, your still going to get bombed with ads.
I did find that if you turn off the Ad Blocker and watch say 10 to 15 video's, you can then turn your Ad Blocker back on and go back to watching video's without ads for a few day's.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online