Alice Cooper to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

Report: ALICE COOPER To Finally Be Inducted Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME - Dec. 12, 2010
According to industry web site Hits Daily Double, legendary rocker Alice Cooper will finally be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame at the 26th annual induction ceremony, which will be held on March 14, 2011 at the Waldorf-Astoria in Manhattan. Also being inducted are Neil Diamond, Tom Waits, Dr. John and Darlene Love.

The inductees into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2011 will be officially announced on December 15 at 10:30 a.m. EST on the RockHall.com web site.

The list of nominees for this go-round also included BON JOVI, BEASTIE BOYS, CHIC, Donovan, J GEILS BAND, LL Cool J, Laura Nyro, Donna Summer, Joe Tex and Chuck Willis.

Eligible since 1994, Cooper released the following statement in response to the announcement that he was on the shortlist of nominees for the 2011 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction:

"On behalf of Dennis (Dunaway), Neal (Smith), Michael (Bruce) and the late great Glen (Buxton), we are honored to be nominated for induction in to the Hall. Anytime you are nominated in your chosen profession, it's definitely a compliment to be recognized.

"It's hard to fathom possibly being in the same club as artists who inspired us originally, like THE BEATLES, THE [ROLLING] STONES, THE BEACH BOYS, THE WHO, THE YARDBIRDS, and Chuck Berry, and to be nominated the same year as legendary artists like my personal favorite songwriter of all time, Laura Nyro, as well as Donovan, who sang on our 'Billion Dollar Babies' record, and our good friends in Bon Jovi, is a great feeling.
"Five guys starting a band, just hoping to meet girls and drink free beer, rehearsing and playing local bars five hours a night for the first few years — that was us. We came up with the theatrics and made every effort not to sacrifice the music one bit; we thought it was like our job to bring theatrics to rock 'n' roll. And then, amazingly enough, we were having a bunch of massive hit records which was proof that theatricality and rock 'n' roll could, in fact, be joined successfully. We've been told that we revolutionized the live concert experience and if that's truly the case and it's led to this nomination for induction into the Hall of Fame, the only thing to say is, of course, 'There's no business like show business!'"

To be eligible for nomination into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. This year's nominees had to release their first single no later than 1985.

Ballots were sent to more than 500 voters, who selected the artists to be inducted at the induction ceremony, which will be televised live on Fuse.

alicesolo.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
I just read that!!! Great News!

I look forward to see his performance at the induction. Hopefully it will be he & the living members of his original band performing.

I would love to go to Phoenix this Friday night!!

2010XmasPuddingPoster.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Too little....

Much too late...

Too many questionable artists already inducted ahead of him...

Good for Alice, but does nothing to establish the credibility of the HOF for me.:nw:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Not a bad little induction list, tbh. Aside from Darlene Love, who I admit I haven't so much as heard of, let alone bought an album of, all of those are quality acts in my books.

Still, as LG said, the HoF needs to do more than just that to regain credibility, and I've still got my own HoF set up here as mentioned in a previous thread which works for me :D

Dual

Reaction score
Cooper, Dr. John & Tom Waits, great line-up of inductees there in my opinion, all superb.

When is Captain Beefheart gonna be inducted then?

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Not a bad little induction list, tbh. Aside from Darlene Love, who I admit I haven't so much as heard of, let alone bought an album of, all of those are quality acts in my books.

Still, as LG said, the HoF needs to do more than just that to regain credibility, and I've still got my own HoF set up here as mentioned in a previous thread which works for me :D

:wa

Ok I've been prevoked now..some ELSE who doesn't understand how amazing and talented Darlene Love is ??? :wtf:

Someone ELSE on the Frampton related thread said something about her not being deserving ? :wtf:

Look if stupid MADONNA is in this lame ass Hall Of Fame..Darlene Love more than deserves her place there!

I'm posting a thread dedicated to her now..maybe it won't change anyones mind but she deserves to be recognized at LEAST as much as Madonna ?

:mad

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah do a thread...here I'll put us in the holiday mood with a little Darlene :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Tom Waits, Dr. John and Darlene Love?

IMO, these artists don't deserve to be inducted yet, when many many others ''greats'' belong in the RRHOF before them. I bet you most people don't even know who Tom Waits is. Except for Neil Diamond and Alice Cooper, it's kind of like a B-List of artists.

But, it's nice to see Alice Cooper finally get in. :grinthumb

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Yeah do a thread...here I'll put us in the holiday mood with a little Darlene :grinthumb

I forgot to say congrats Alice Cooper..but As I MUST say The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is CRAP..so it's really like he should have been in there WAY before this...

this entire idea is further proof that The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is complete ***** ...

Madonna is in there before Alice Cooper ? Before Peter Frampton ..Kiss ?
please !

What the agenda to get in there ?:rolleyes: Who can shake their ass' better ? :heheh:

Alice wins there too :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online