Alice Cooper to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well here's my general reason to not recognize The Hall Of Fame ...

Everyone thinks their favorite band or artists deserves to be in there.

Everyone believes there are people already in there that should not be in there at all

Everybody thinks there are artists that are being ignored completely

Nobody really knows HOW and ON WHAT CRITERIA folks are inducted ..not legitmately anyways

and here's the thing WE ARE ALL RIGHT..because music is subjective. What gives anyone one person or group the right to decided who influenced who?

Anyone who ever picked up an instrument,wrote a song, sang a song...that meant something to us..deserves to be in there imo..

and really thats impossible to put in a nice neat box ..

Ok I'm done :)

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That's actually a good set of points Astrid. There's alot of people that I think should be in there and many that would disagree...can't argue with that. :cheers2

So in the end...it's really just the "opinion" of the hall itself.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should have been in long ago but better late then never :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:wa

Ok I've been prevoked now..some ELSE who doesn't understand how amazing and talented Darlene Love is ??? :wtf:

Someone ELSE on the Frampton related thread said something about her not being deserving ? :wtf:

Look if stupid MADONNA is in this lame ass Hall Of Fame..Darlene Love more than deserves her place there!

I'm posting a thread dedicated to her now..maybe it won't change anyones mind but she deserves to be recognized at LEAST as much as Madonna ?

:mad

That would have been me, Astrid. I know who Darlene Love is, and she isn't deserving of a spot before some of the others, like Cooper.

Other than the Blossoms, she was mostly a back-up singer. Powerful voice, yes, I dont deny that. I would consider her the BEST back-up vocalist in the business. IMHO, a back-up singer is not that deserving of praise in the HOF, even if she has worked with a ton of music greats.

I wont comment on the Madonna thing :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well, it is good news but it has been said before, there is loads of bands / artists that have been inducted ahead of him. We still have to put up with the farce that is the x factor, I am not saying they can't sing but some of them are useless and all are just puppets!!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
That would have been me, Astrid. I know who Darlene Love is, and she isn't deserving of a spot before some of the others, like Cooper.

Other than the Blossoms, she was mostly a back-up singer. Powerful voice, yes, I dont deny that. I would consider her the BEST back-up vocalist in the business. IMHO, a back-up singer is not that deserving of praise in the HOF, even if she has worked with a ton of music greats.

I wont comment on the Madonna thing :D

Magic ,what exactly makes someone qualify to be in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ?

Because I THINK someone who's been in the business all those years that Darlene Love..has, is the same as ANYONE else in there...
talented and respected for art..

the sounds that she created in her career are important to music history..the reasons greats have tapped her talents is because she is the best..those are her peers

it's not about record sales is it ? Or is it about talent ? It doesn't make sense how people are picked to be in The Hall imo..

The fact that several greats are not in there..is the fault of whomever does the selection...

it is NOT the artists faults or lack of deserving..or Alice Cooper would have been in there years ago..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing this is all speculation since I believe the "official" list of inductees won't be announced until tomorrow. I think Alice is the nominee that's most guaranteed a spot in the rock hall though.

Also, good for Tom Waits. He's a talented musician and I can't say that I have any complaints with him getting inducted.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ I can answer one of your questions Astrid.

No it's not album sales. Otherwise there's a whole bunch of artists that are in but wouldn't be if it was based solely on that. Tom Waits going in this year would be a case in point. I'm not sure whether any of his albums have reached gold status in the US. His highest climbing album seems to have been Real Gone which only reached #28 on the US charts.

So no, it's not just album sales. Although a monster album probably doesn't hurt.:D

Back on thread topic:

Congrats to Alice!:cheers2 It's about time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online