Alice Cooper to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Magic ,what exactly makes someone qualify to be in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ?

it's not about record sales is it ? Or is it about talent ? It doesn't make sense how people are picked to be in The Hall imo..

Let me adress these separately, and mind you this is only my opinion.

Q1A....There is evidently a panel of music experts and historians who make the selections for nomination into the RR HoF. The nominations began in 1983 and have inducted 5-7 artists each year, therefore, the number of artists who are actually inducted into the RR Hall of Fame is limited.

That being said, Darlene Love would fit into the category for induction not because she was influential to the evolution of rock and roll, but by her inspiration to some of rock's leading artists and her musical support of these artists. Darlene has spent her entire career out of the spotlight, for the most part, but has still devoted a huge portion of her life to music and supporting other artists, therefore, playing a key role in the music process.

Should she be inducted? eventually, yes.

Q2A.....I believe record sales has very little impact on who gets inducted into the RR HoF, but then I am not the expert or historian making this decision.

Astrid Kirchherr65 said:
The fact that several greats are not in there..is the fault of whomever does the selection...

it is NOT the artists faults or lack of deserving..or Alice Cooper would have been in there years ago..

I am in total agreement with your opinions here, Astrid. This is why I stated in another thread I was pulling for Alice Cooper and J. Geils, they have exerted a lot of influence in the evolution of Rock and Roll and by the RR HoF guidlines, meet the criteria for induction.

Eric Clapton has been inducted 3 times, the most of any artist. Does this mean is the the best music artist out there.......NO. It just means he was recognized for the Yardbirds, Cream, and Solo.

I feel for Darlene Love to be inducted, they need to recognize The Blossoms as a group :grinthumb

The inductees have not been announced yet for 2011, but I am still pulling for Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, and J. Geils.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im not bothered if some 'undeserving' artists get in, as long as the ones like Cooper who do deserve it get in, otherwise the whole things a major farce.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The list of deserving artists/bands that are not in already is what makes this HOF lack credibility. It's political more than a reflection of the best bands getting recognition.

I don't really care what the HOF does, but it is fun to talk about it nonetheless.;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^The list of deserving artists/bands that are not in already is what makes this HOF lack credibility. It's political more than a reflection of the best bands getting recognition.

I don't really care what the HOF does, but it is fun to talk about it nonetheless.;)

Thats what I mean, the fact many artists that a lot consider undeserving and rightly so have made it, so I dont really take the HOF that seriously.
Artists making top albums and just being awesome is good enough for me :tongue:

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I just read that it is actually the Alice Cooper Band that is being inducted, rather than just Alice Cooper. The band is apparently going to reunite in light of this news. I can't express enough how thrilled I am by this piece of the news.

rtbuck

Reaction score
As I posted earlier on this thread The original Cooper Group are playing at the annual Christmas Pudding Bash in Phoenix this Friday so being inducted will really pump up the show! Also for those who haven't heard the original band is reuniting for 3 songs on Alice Cooper's new Album which is a sequel to Welcome to My Nightmare

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

:grinthumbAgreed...IT'S TOTALLY POLITICS...thats why everyone agrees and disagrees with the choices..

Lack of creditbilty in a form of art ..that I heartly standby that NO ONE can ever really do fairly..

but yes fun to debate is about what it is :)

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Astrid! The politics of it all really stinks

:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, like many people have said, there are a lot of musicians and songwriters, and non-performers who should be in the HOF.

Look how long it has taken them to induct the founder of Elektra Records and Art Rupe. Jesus, you would think with the Independant explosion, Rupe would have been inducted years ago.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online

No members online now.