Your collection

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am sure you are right about the magic. A single 45 had to be saved up for and was a thing to be cherished. Albums were even more so. A single mp3 track can be downloaded in seconds and it does seem to take something away. YouTube etc also allows you to listen to almost anything you want, whenever you want, so you don't have to wait or work to hear songs.

Is it just me, but I used to buy an album and play it to death, so I got to know them extremely well? These days, I'm on to the next thing and I admit that I know new material less well.

I think it's more than just changing how you go about listening Martin...when I was a kid I had about 30 albums, so you ended up playing them over and over memorizing every subtle nuance. As you get older and your collection grows, looking at this thread you can see we have some serious collectors in here....you simply can't make the time to really play everything as often as you did when you were starting out.

Like I said to Phantasmagoria, when you get 1000's of CD's to choose from it takes a while to decide what to play, I found that out decades ago.

There are some "special" albums I will always sneak into my rotation, the ones that have sentimental value to me, especially all the records I had as a kid. I've got almost all of them on vinyl again and love time tripping back to my youth, if only for a little while.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There are some "special" albums I will always sneak into my rotation, the ones that have sentimental value to me, especially all the records I had as a kid. I've got almost all of them on vinyl again and love time tripping back to my youth, if only for a little while.

I've done the opposite and replaced sentimental albums with CDs. I was quite excited by CDs when I first got a player, and enjoyed the experience of hearing albums again in a different format. Admittedly, some of them now sound poor and the novelty wore off. I really like good remasters, but it's more expense.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
I love music and it is a massive hobby of mine.I am always surfing the net and visiting sites like rate your music and the metal archives.I also enjoy looking at hifi mags etc.
1-I have about 4k worth of albums comprising of ripped cds and downloads(sorry gang)I have a very good neighbour with a massive library so i have a generous supply.
2-20%
3-:flirt
4-:grinthumb
5-Yes but i dont care.If i dont like it its gone after a few chances
6-About 3
7-Yes but after a number of chances it goes
9-Music is a massive part of my life & each to their own.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've done the opposite and replaced sentimental albums with CDs. I was quite excited by CDs when I first got a player, and enjoyed the experience of hearing albums again in a different format. Admittedly, some of them now sound poor and the novelty wore off. I really like good remasters, but it's more expense.

Can't listen to the CD's not even the remastered ones are up to snuff to me, not of the old 70's rock albums I loved as a kid. The CD's are so sterile by comparison, but I know you have made the change and are happy.

Oh and before I forget, Very Nice Collection George.:cheers2

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
Yeah excellent collection gcczep! Very well looked after too! :tup: ...there are a lot awesome classics I spotted in there that I remember having on cassette years ago.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturoThre

Staff online

Members online