Yes (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Me neither. It was my introduction to Yes, after the Sounding Out TV documentary. It's probably nostalgia, but I like Roundabout without Chris Squire's heavy bass section (I like it with the bass part too).

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I plan to buy more of Yes but Close To The Edge...damn is this a great listen. I really see why many people have this in their top albums of all time lists. I think this is the next prog band I shall seek to have all their albums. I did this with Floyd and Rush.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For all the ridiculous amount of praise Close To The Edge gets I think Going For The One is just as good an album actually. The epic at the end Awaken is one of the best Yes tunes period.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Going For The One does get overlooked but many fans did like it.

I like Tormato more myself for reasons I've stated many times in this thread already.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
From the forthcoming YES "Like It Is – Yes at the Bristol Hippodrome" (2CD/DVD - Blu Ray)

Yes-Starship Trooper (snippet)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Even before Howe's guitar, Squire's bass is the most recognizable thing about Yes to me.

Radagast

Reaction score
I've spent some time to listen to the group Zebra. I had never heard of them until recently. 1) I could understand people listening them, but I can also see why they never made it in the USA. They sound like a very good club band or even the 30min. warm up act for 2 much better groups . 2) It's hard to ignore when one copies another's LP cover idea. Anyone can't see it is just not looking.

In this group Yes & ELP stand tall.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online