Yes (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The needle drops in Hi-Res interest me, I've got quite a few of those in the library now.:D

Nice to see Stephen Wilson is still remixing great old classic albums, I wondered what he was up to lately.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:grinthumb

I don't know...but it's a great album and nice to see it's getting some remastered re issue treatment....the attention end of it at least.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Well if it was just another 'remaster' then I wouldn't care at all MP, but when I see Stephen Wilson's name that always pique's my interest because he "remixes" the album on a proper multi-track analog board and then makes a better digital version. Night and day difference to the endless "let's lob out another remastered set and see who buys yet another Beatles collection"...:bonk:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The 2003 remaster has the single versions of America and Total Mass Retain (a sequence from the title track), along with an alternate version of And You and I and a studio run-through of Siberian Khatru, called Siberia. I'm not sure I need a DVD, blu ray and 5.1 because I don't have the hardware, but I'd be interested to see Roger Dean's new artwork.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I forgot about that part, I am surprised Roger is still with us but have always loved his artwork.:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yes Announce Massive New Box Set

Yes.jpg

Yes released a bunch of important albums during their time with Atlantic Records. Next month, each and every one of them will be collected in a brand new 13-CD box.

Due Dec. 24, the sensibly titled ‘The Studio Albums 1969-87′ rounds up remastered and expanded versions of the 12 albums the band released over that span, starting with 1969′s ‘Yes’ and concluding with 1987′s ‘Big Generator.’ Rhino Records, the label behind the ‘Studio Albums’ box, gave the band’s catalog the reissue treatment in 2003-04, and the vast majority of this set’s contents debuted during that series; the lone exception is the remastered and expanded ‘Big Generator,’ previously available only as a Japanese import.

If the bulk of the music is nothing new to import-shy Yes enthusiasts, the package will still offer something new: artwork from Roger Dean, the artist who created the covers for many of the band’s most popular albums (and whose work has become largely synonymous with prog-rock records in general).

Housed in a clamshell package, the box also includes a fold-out poster of Dean’s latest creation. It seems rather likely that most Yes fans already have these albums — and these versions of these albums — but if you’re looking to jump-start your Yes collection in one fell swoop, then ‘The Studio Albums 1969-87′ is obviously the way to go.

Yes: The Studio Albums 1969-87

Album Listing
‘Yes’ (1969)
‘Time and a Word’ (1970)
‘The Yes Album’ (1971)
‘Fragile’ (1971)
‘Close to the Edge’ (1972)
‘Tales from Topographic Oceans’ (1973)
‘Relayer’ (1974)
‘Going for the One’ (1977)
‘Tormato’ (1978)
‘Drama’ (1980)
’90125′ (1983)
‘Big Generator’ (1987)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
If any band sounds sharper for remastering it is Yes and the alternative takes are usually worth having, but they've had more than enough of my money from remasters and reissues over the years. This collection would be good for the beginner, if they can afford the price.

What I would like to see is an official release of the missing tracks from the Union tour. The Topographic Oceans material is also long overdue for an official release. I am not sure why Atlantic/Sony have dragged their heels as they presumably own the rights. Better still would be a new release from the Anderson,Wakeman and preferably Bruford lineup.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've just done a search for more artwork, but without success.

Another item that is crying out for a re-release is the single-edit of Roundabout. I noticed the Fragile bonuses on this collection are America and the early rough edit of Roundabout, which were already available.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online