worst lead singer of a 70's rock band

RandieB

Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen has the worst voice I've ever heard,he sounds like he's vomiting to a music backing! Tom Petty also has a bad nasally voice.

I have found a lot of people on music forums who hate or don't like Led Zeppelin even some on heavy metal forums. And even some people who for some puzzling reason like their music,say they can't stand Robert Plant's awful screeching,screaming and whaling vocals.

The Boston Globe has an online article from March 2009,called I Confess I Don’t Like… written by all of their music critics and Luke O’Neil wrote that when people talk of classic bands they don’t like they’re really speaking in coded language.He said for example “I don’t like The Beatles.” is the same as saying,”I’m a liar” he said but when I say I don’t like Led Zeppelin there’s no subtext. He then says a lot of it has to do with Robert Plant’s fiendish helium-powered caterwauling. He says he tends to prefer bands with vocalists not police sirens in tight pants.He also said the lyrics which run the gamut unimaginative doggerel to too-imaginative fantasy goofs don’t help.

He then says sure they inspired a lot of great bands,but should we not then hold them accountable for the thousands of downright awful imitators they’ve inspired? Remember that whole hair metal thing in the 80’s? He says who do you think put the bustle in those dudes hedgerow? And grunge? He says that was basically goateed Led Zeppelin on Smack.

These Globe music critics don't bow before the gods of rock - Boston.com

Rock music critic John Mendelson never liked Led Zeppelin either.

Rate Your Music Users Who Think Led Zeppelin Are Painfully Overrated

Users who think Led Zeppelin are painfully overrated - Rate Your Music

This Band Is Everything That Is WRONG With Music, a Rate Your Music Site moderator,Benimal only says Led Zeppelin is the worst.

https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4217944&board_id=1&show=20&start=20

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt...Lou Reed definately sucked. Wendy o Williams, David Johansen

To me, Lou is street Dylan but more understandable. He also used the droning guitar sound to effect. He is not for everyone, but was highly influential

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Yoko Ono w/ Elephant's Memory

I will spare you the video pain.[

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Robert Plant, David Lee Roth and Ozzy Osbourne.

Why does David Lee Roth catch so much flak here?
As much as I appreciate Bruce Springsteen, he is a much worse singer than DLR. Springsteen is basically screaming half of the time with no control whatsoever over his voice.

But of course nothing beats this legend killer:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon, Yoko Ono never was a singer - she's just a talentless witch. Never realized, what John have found in her... :yuk:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online