Who is your favorite Canadian Music Artist or Band?

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
Love, love, love Matthew Good. Saw him and his band live last year and he has the same chops you'd hear on his albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will go with BTO.

Had a few BTO Eight-tracks back in the day.

Never had any 8-tracks but I did buy every album BTO released up to Head On, they were one of my favorites back when I was discovering rock music.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Pat Travers has a new album called Can Do. He says it represents his best work, but it does not match the excillerating Makin' Magic. Travers' guitar playing sparkles as always, but he was never a great singer and has developed a gravelly voice which he has added to a melodic rock style. This does not work for me, especially without the catchy songs and band members of old. His guitar playing is amazing and good to hear again, but something is missing.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Lets give some appreciation to all those bands from Canada.

I am partial to Bryan Adams....He has had a very dignified and long music career. He is the top selling male artist from Canada.

6a00d8345269c569e20120a69beb64970c-800wi.jpg
Yes, I think Bryan Adams was/is great too, but this is the easiest musical question in the world to answer when it really comes down to it. For goodness sakes, it's NEIL YOUNG!!!:bow:There is, was & never will be any artist better from Canada. Nobody even comes close. He's pretty much created 40-50 incredible albums (with at least 10-12 that everyone should own) while also creating and/or playing nearly every style out there. He never lets anyone get in his way/vision when it comes to music & what he has to say, plus he's as humble & genuine as any artist/celebrity I could think of. Hell, I think that he's the only musician that can write his own unique, beautiful, danceable, hard rockin', deep & transcending 10-20 minute songs and actually NOT be labeled in the Progressive Rock category.:omg:Sure, I know that there are a ton of great artists that have come from or will come from Canada, but nobody did it, does it or will continue to due it for years to come better than NEIL YOUNG! Really, there's no way that anybody can/could ever come close. This fact will stand forever because he quite simply is/was the best. Period!:****:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online