Where's the gig ?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Birmingham NEC UK another monster arena, I've been to see a fair few concerts here over the years. Stand out gig probably Deep Purple MII line up or ACDC . Being near the front helped cos if your at the back you need a telescope.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Here's a couple more bigger venues in NJ.

The IZOD Center
Izod-Center.jpg

The Prudential Center
ity-have-technologically-advanced-prudentialcenter.jpg

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I was waiting for one of our UK members to mention this one but here is a venue that I would love to visit.

ronnie-scotts-soho-london-1.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ I think Sweaty has been to Ronnie Scott's Garrett, not sure ??? Those places look enormous JG. I'll put another quite big local venue up.

Don Valley Stadium Sheffield UK, I've only been the one time to catch a Stones concert, the day was great but the place is huge.

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
^^^ Some great looking venues cropping up.:cheers2

Hammersmith Odeon (now called Hammersmith Apollo) London UK, I saw Ted Nugent there when I was a teenager. Ace sound and a top venue.

Nice pick Sox, the Apollo was where I first saw any well known bands play, namely Lacuna Coil and Nightwish.

Here's a handful from our lovely little corner of the world...

The Talbot, Wrexham, North Wales

Seen countless local bands play here, even performed here myself once or twice. The actual pub was under the ground, so whenever bands were playing you'd feel the vibrations beneath your feet as you walked past outside. Unfortunately it shut down a few years ago and has never been reopened despite several rumours claiming otherwise, shame as it was a lovely little place in its day :(

Yales Cafe Bar/Central Station, Wrexham

Another venue where I've seen loads of local bands. They hardly ever hosted any well known bands when I still lived up there, but luckily that's now changed. I went just before Xmas to see a couple of mates' bands play, and am hoping to go back to see Alestorm play there in February :)

Cardiff Coal Exchange, Cardiff, Wales

Beautiful venue, saw Arch Enemy play here a few years ago. I think it later shut down for either demolition or refurbishment, but I'm not 100% sure.

Cardiff International Arena

Saw Iron Maiden here a while back. I'm not overly keen on arenas, to be honest I much prefer smaller clubs and pubs, they have a nicer, more cosy atmosphere.

Muni Arts Centre, Pontypridd, South Wales

Never been here myself (think Iggy has a few times though), but they get a few good bands playing here.

Cwmaman Institute, Cwmaman, South Wales

Never been here either, despite living very close by. Not sure if they host well known bands, but they do get some good local bands playing and host weekend music festivals here every now and again.

There's a few others I could mention, but I can't find any decent pics of them at the moment, so hopefully I'll be back at a later point.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Some great looking places there Pixel and yeah I agree I'm not that big a fan of the massive arena's either. Here's Mansfield Palace Theatre Notts UK, I saw Wishbone Ash a couple of times here it was called the Civic Theatre then mind.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this thread Sox. Thanks for starting it. :grinthumb

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Demolish the coal exchange???:wtf: W...T...F. I sure hope not..it is a beautiful building. If they did whoever ordered that needs to twist in the wind

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Demolish the coal exchange???:wtf: W...T...F. I sure hope not..it is a beautiful building. If they did whoever ordered that needs to twist in the wind

I just checked it out, because as I said previously I wasn't 100% sure what had happened to it. Turns out it is still being used as a concert venue, and that any refurbishment that may have been undertaken was minimal :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Members online