Where's the gig ?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^Great stories and places Garrett and JG, it's a crying shame they brought The Capitol down, sad to see.

The Winding Wheel in my hometown Chesterfield UK. I've seen some great bands here Focus and Wishbone Ash spring to mind. Tidy little venue this.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Coolest thread I have seen a in a while..very nice pics everyone!

Well, we don't have anything as nice as most venues that have been posted, but our TCU Place (will always be Centennial Auditorium to me..) is pretty decent and has great sound!

tcuplace_ext.jpg

TCUPlace_3.jpg

Saw Heart there last Feb..finally checked one off the bucket list!
110218_31_saskatoon_tcu_heart.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Looks like a great venue TW, we are getting one or two really good modern looking places over here now with a good sound.

This one's a bit older though. The Flowerpot in Derby UK. They put on some great bands I've seen Walter Trout and Blackfoot here and there's always good gigs going on.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Here is the legendary Hummingbird in Birmingham, I saw The Ramones here, it has been closed as the Hummingbird for years:( this is what it is now as it has been renamed:(

Birmingham-Ballroom.png

As a matter of interest Sweaty here's The Hummingbird as we remeber it, this photo is from '91. I was at the Jimmy Page gig there in '88 so about the same time .. ish. :cheers2

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Manchester Evening News Arena

Fond memories of seeing Muse there. Must be a posh venue as a whole bunch of women had ballroom gowns on :confused: I felt like such a scrufter in my t-shirt & jeans 7PzMG.png

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ That's a hell of a big place Tray if memory serves. Here's another biggy Sheffield Motorpoint Arena.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Seen afew there Sox, not a massive fan as the sound is usually bad for the support bands, good venue if they only use half of it:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great pic Sox, couldn't find one of the Hummingbird so nice one:)

It was a fantastic place Sweat. :grinthumb

The Arena, I had to mention it as we've seen so many bands there but yeah we loose out on sound quality I think. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online