Where's the gig ?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I thought it could be a good idea to tip the old hat to the venues. I have been very lucky and have visited some pretty special concert hall's, arena's and festivals. A couple of my favourites are right on my door step ...

Buxton Opera House Derbyshire UK. What a place "world class" in my humble opinion, my fondest memory is seeing Peter Green play his first UK gig with the Splinter Group there. It's become a second home for me.:grinthumb

Sheffield City Hall South Yorkshire UK. Just stunning and so many memories, the first band I saw there was Uriah Heep, as a young teenager I was blown away. I still get like that every time I go.:D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yes everybody I know who's been to Buxton Opera House says what a great place it is :grinthumb Was a bit disappointed we missed seeing Blackmore's Night there in November.

Yes Shef City Hall is badass too!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah it would have been good to catch Blackmore's Night .. Sold out .. maybe next time Tray.:grinthumb

Leicester De Montfort Hall, Leicester UK. A brilliant venue I've only been the one time mind you to see The Nice. A reunion gig and Keith Emmerson was on wicked form "Rondo 69" was a show stopper.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
The Cains Ballroom

Cains_Ballroom.jpg

Cain's Ballroom :: Tulsa, OK :: Live Music :: Concerts

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Looks like a cracker of a venue Garrett thanks for putting it up man.:cheers2

Rock City Nottingham UK, a fantastic night out .. best memory Rory Gallagher and the place is close to some really sonic pubs.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
^^ Looks like a cracker of a venue Garrett thanks for putting it up man.:cheers2

This is a great thread and I`m happy to contribute to it...we talk about the Musicians all the time but seldom mention the venues, it`s good to show them some love too!

Here is a short video about the history of The Cain`s.

Raisin' Cain

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
That's an ace vid Garrett, to think of all the musicians that have laid it down under that roof. The Buddy Holly/Texas Playboys guitar man what a guy.:bow:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Talking of historic venues , this one was as famous as they come. THE MARQUEE London UK
To think of the legendary bands/artists who played here in the 60s, 70s.80s etc.......Hendrix,The Who,Yardbirds,Yes,Zeppelin etc .The Rolling Stones had their debut gig at the Marquee in 63. In the 70s...classic punk bands played here Stranglers,The Jam......80s NWOBHM/prog bands trod the boards Iron Maiden,Angelwitch,Marrillion etc
Then in the 90s a certain gothic rock band 13 CANDLES played there and it never recovered :heheh:It closed a few years later.
I would have loved to have been there in its heyday to have seen some of rocks greats :bow:

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ I would really like to have taken that one in Lou and The Crawdaddy, both legendary venues.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
......Is that Uli Jon Roth on guitar ?? er no...:heheh:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online