Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^

That track about sending money is called "Baby Girl". It's on the album "Twice the Speed of Life".

"Stuck Like Glue" is an odd little song that needed a little time for me to really enjoy. It's not representative for the album though, there's a lot of variety on the album, it goes way beyong country!

Check out the following three tracks

And you wanted a ballad...

I'm a big fan of Lady Antebellum. Sort of country pop, but I don't mind.

O.K., I'm convinced! I still think the singles I mentioned are kind of hokey but i no longer see them as a group version of Taylor Swift so that's good! Jennifer Nettles has some pipes! I'd love to hear her try Rock which the first track had a flair of. I'd actually be interested to buy her solo now! :grinthumb

pera

Reaction score
pattismithgroup-radioeth.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Her solo album is awesome - it'll definitely be in my favourites list of 2014 - BUT it's a very laid-back album!

This is my favourite song on the album and one of my overall favourite songs this year. Nothing groundbreaking musically, but again, that voice....

I like it! :grinthumb Who needs groundbreaking anyway! I have a feeling all the unbroken ground is a little ugly and weird for my taste! :heheh:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I like it! :grinthumb Who needs groundbreaking anyway!

I get that and I agree, but you know how it is, often when you tell someone "Oh this is an amazing song by XX", he or she will get all worked up expecting something different and new and then get disappointed. However, often the uniqueness is found in the simplicity of a song and the small details, not in something being groundbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online