Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

^^^ Crikey Mr B now you've got me thinking! If I have been manipulative, it certainly wasn't meant to hurt anybody. I've always tried to front up to people who 'play games'. As I said previously, it just seems an awful waste of time and energy to me :D

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

well Sunny, I think the very term "manipulative" has a negative quality, when it really should not.

I don't mean to imply that you should play mind games on people, :oyea:

overkill86

Reaction score

^^^ She seems to be playing games with you.

Of course. Story of my life. Like a cute girl would give me her phone number and actually want to "hang out." Not the first time a girl cancelled on me. So, I've handled it pretty well. If we don't hang out tomorrow, it will be awkward at work. That's for sure. If she really wants to be my friend she'll text me tomorrow.

LOL at Phil's suggestion. She probably wouldn't care if I said that. :tongue:

Sunny

Reaction score

well Sunny, I think the very term "manipulative" has a negative quality, when it really should not.

I don't mean to imply that you should play mind games on people, :oyea:

Some of the most manipulative folk I've watched in action are children :heheh: The way they use all kinds of devious methods on their friends and parents to get their own way makes me smile. Little buggers :tongue:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't really agree with the its human nature theory because that kind of gives an excuse (particularly if adults to it) to be a lying manipulative asshole to people.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Ok, here is an example.

You know a friend or room mate is going to the store.

There is something at the store you would like to have.

You talk the friend into picking up something at the store for you so you don't have to make the trip.

That is manipulation. Does that make you an asshole? No, it just saves you a trip. We all do it.

I know the term has negative qualities. People immediately perk their ears up when they hear it. But it comes in all shapes and forms.

Sunny

Reaction score

Yes I suppose you're right Mr B. Read my previous post about children - they manipulate everybody around them :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Tonight was pretty good night (at first). I went to the annual Diversity prom. I clocked out at work and spent a good amount of time getting myself ready and if I do say so myself I was looking pretty fabulous tonight (which isn't something I say all that often...I might get pics at some point). It was a really fun night. Food, friends, dancing, rainbows, pictures, randomly getting hit on by a few different people, the works, yanno?
So I'm on cloud nine with that and come to go to bed only to be told that I have to stay awake to watch my sleeping, two year old cousin that my mom is babysitting because she has to run off to pick up my brother because he is drunk (yet again) and his pregnant girlfriend can't deal with him anymore.....and that is why I am still awake even though I need to wake up in 6 hours to go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.