Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
70393.gif

Definitely the heaviest album since Rust in Peace.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

I really hate the battery life on iPhones, and I also hate how Apple comes out with a new model every 6-8 months when you buy something of theirs! :rolleyes:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

^^I saw a news report on BBC a couple weeks ago concerning Apple. An American investigative journalist went undercover to scout a possible location for a factory for his company, the Chinese officials gave him the grand tour not knowing his real motives.

I'll make it short and sweet, Apple has contracted out their manufacturing to virtual "Slave Labor" that is forced to live in absolute squalid conditions. They are worked way too many hours a day, are packed into dorms holding 15 bunks that are smaller than my living room and are under extreme pressure to make their assigned quotas everyday.

Considering the flak some other celebrities have suffered for having their clothing/shoes made by child labour, I wonder what the head honchos in Apple think about the conditions the people making their products are forced to work under.

Add to that the meager wages, and the massive profits of the managers and that is something to be proud of.

Just another reason I don't like Apple, but to be fair our entire manufacturing base has betrayed us all for a quick profit, there is no way we can compete with slave labor and brutal conditions, although Wal-Mart keeps trying to get those installed over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online