Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Nice one Harmony :tup:

Willard Wigan's microscopic art never ceases to amaze me.

30adua1.jpg

Article from The Sun newspaper:

"AN artist has created the world’s smallest sculpture — with a piece of his own stubble.

Willard Wigan hollowed out a spec of face hair and used a miniscule flake of gold to create the tiny motorbike artwork.

Visible only through a microscope, the chopper — which measures three microns — is smaller than a human blood cell.

The 55-year-old spent up to 16 hours a day over five weeks painstakingly making the tiny artwork from 12 specs of gold.

And he said concentrating on the piece eventually led to him popping a blood vessel in his eye.

He said: “I wanted to go beyond human expectations — but I wanted to personally challenge myself.

“It drove me mad to do it and it has been one of my most challenging projects ever.

“Not even a dust-mite could ride this tiny bike.”

The artist, from Birmingham, hollowed out the piece of stubble using a tiny fragment of diamond as a tool.

He then carved out flakes of gold from a chain to create the piece of art.

And to avoid damaging the piece he had to hold his breath and only work between heartbeats which would have otherwise dislodged his steady hand.

Willard, who was given an MBE back in 2007, has been wowing audiences for 10 years with his tiny pinhead sculptures."

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'm drinking hot tea....I gotta sore throat and it feels good going down :)

I swear by whisky as it numbs the pain :)

Just had a glass of this:

350mkhz.jpg

I don't normally drink iced coffee or tea, but thought I'd give this a try as it was half price. It was actually quite good!

Reaction score
This AM
folgers2.jpg

This coming PM
miller-high-life.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members