Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
321989_10150524519399243_89068304242_8690834_618289915_o-300x300.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

Had to laugh about an hour ago I get a phone call from some hole in the wall technical support site telling me my PC is in imminent danger of crashing, that it has a virus that will "destroy everything" unless I allow them to help me take care of it...:think:

First of all I could Barely understand the guy on the phone, second I am not falling for that scam I wasn't born under a haystack, and third I can fix anything that happens to my PC including rebuilding it completely.

I told the guy to get "stuffed" and not ever call me again.:oyea:

Well he did a lot better with you LG than they normally do with me, I get so many of those calls that he never usually makes it past the "Hello, please can I speak to Mr ......." stage, and I've already slammed it down. I also have a sticker on my house front door that says "STRICTLY NO UNINVITED DOORSTEP CALLERS' ....which covers everything from Jehovah's to salesmen to politicians wanting my vote, though they do occasionally ignore it, which I love because it gives me a chance to tear a strip off the moron and shriek "GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH" at him, and make him wish he'd skipped me and just gone straight next door. I'm actually registered with something in the UK called the TPS (Telephone Preference Service) where when you register you aren't supposed to get any more of those junk phone calls, but it hasn't make a scrap of difference. I also put all my junk mail straight back into the post box unopened, with my address blotted out, and 'return to sender' written all over the thing, so the mail service have no option but to return it, and the people who send it get hit with the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.