Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
This has been a great thread.

7176100414_190b4438d7_m.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It seems to me that some people take the time to impart some useful or interesting information, but don't get the gratitude they deserve.

PS - I like that Revell ISS!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Not sure I follow Martin...I've been here for a long time and doesn't matter to me if someone thanks me or not if they like something I've done.

Besides, if you are Really Really impressed by someone you can send a PM, or compliment them in their profile or mention something nice in your follow up.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Also, it's not always easy to specify which post you agree with. You can use the ^^^ method and hope someone doesn't post before you do, or you can do the quote reply. But if they have attachments it seems like a waist of space and is hard to follow.

Some forums I've noticed have addressed this and warn you that another user has since posted when you come to post your message.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
... or you can do the quote reply. But if they have attachments it seems like a waist of space and is hard to follow.

I have since learned that you can edit the quoted message to remove images, YouTube videos, etc. So I retract that part of my original statement.:peek

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I have since learned that you can edit the quoted message to remove images, YouTube videos, etc. So I retract that part of my original statement.:peek

Speaking of editing your posts, for you newer users, it's good to know you only have a limited time to do so, then your post is locked.

I'm not sure what the logic is behind this, as most forums I have belonged to have allowed editing of posts indefinately.

There are a few threads I have contributed to where this option would be nice (like old youtube videos that have been taken down) so as to fix broken links and such.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There is a very good reason for limited editing time Phil. More than once a member has had a "moment" and gone and wrecked/edited/deleted all their posts which can cause a complete mess in the threads.

The editing for normal member's in CRF is 3 Days, if I remember correctly.

And Jake T, I should have mentioned that when you posted about it, that indeed you can edit a Quoted post to include only what you want.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
^^There is a very good reason for limited editing time Phil. More than once a member has had a "moment" and gone and wrecked/edited/deleted all their posts which can cause a complete mess in the threads.

That's a shame, because there is a lot of cleaning up I would like to do in some of my older posts.

Too bad the forum user's freedoms have to be limited due to the actions of a few "bad apples". I understand though. Thanks for the reply. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Anyone who has a thread they want "fixed" just PM one of the mods and we can take care of that for you Phil.

It's part of the full service CRF provides.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online