Thumbs Up/Down

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
This would probably be a lot of work and has probably been suggested before, but every time I read a reply to a post I find myself looking for the quick vote thumbs up/down icons like they have on other web forums.

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
We did have a "Like" option for a very VERY short time a couple of months ago. It didn't sit well with some folks so it was quickly discarded and most likely will not be returning. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally am against the idea of a thumbs down system. Not as big a deal when it comes to a thumbs up or 'like' button but thumbs down leads to all sorts of problems.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
I can see where thumbs down might get people upset. I was thinking more of a quick "I agree" reply, but I guess just an ordinary reply works just as well.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I've seen those at other places, or where you can "thank" a user for useful information and people do that even if the post says "Cool!" or something else completely useless. It just seems stupid to me. :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it depends on the thread. If its a particular discussion about music I think more needs to be expanded on why one agrees or disagrees. It is good to get perspectives from everyone who posts. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's more interesting to type a response...get your words ikn there, stimulate some convo.

Clicking "like" was much too easy for some. We did try it though.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can see where thumbs down might get people upset. I was thinking more of a quick "I agree" reply, but I guess just an ordinary reply works just as well.

I've never found it to be a burden to take the time to write a response, which also carries more weight than a "thank you" or "like" button.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.