Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score
and Metal Priest..I saw Cheap Trick on that tour in 1978!!! what a show!!!

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
^^For me I would recommend "Jailbreak" Garrett...it's got a lot of variety from all out hard rockin' songs to ballads to a near country song.

Bad Reputation, Fighting, Black Rose, Johnny The Fox and Chinatown are all good.

Many folk also consider "Live and Dangerous" to be one of the best live records ever made.

Live And Dangerous is great :grinthumb I picked it up for $5 - what an excellent find!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Live And Dangerous is great :grinthumb I picked it up for $5 - what an excellent find!

Is that the only Thin Lizzy album you own Sunny?

And nice to see you back again Thin Lizzy Fan.:cheers2

billyporter

Reaction score
i have 5 or 6 of their albums, can't be bothered actually getting up and checking just how many.
i didn't bother with the band after black rose.
once gary moore left i decided this wasn't thin lizzy anymore.
favourite lp is fighting.
favourite song is wild one.
favourite lizzy guitarist is brian robertson.

i actually really like the band when they were a trio with eric bell on guitar. there are a couple of good compilations of their early stuff available.

Jantine

Reaction score
Please tell me they did more songs like Emerald.

It's been long, long time since I tasted a pure essence of hard rock. I tried to get Jailbreak album, but couldn't find in all record shops round. :(

I maybe too late in suggesting this, but have you tried second-hand shops. The records people give away, is alway a surprise to me.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I maybe too late in suggesting this, but have you tried second-hand shops. The records people give away, is alway a surprise to me.

That's where I've been looking at. I found brand new one in HMV, but it cost more than £20. Haven't found in second hand shop yet, but I'm happy I got Fighting on vinyl with great Wild One track, which is one of my faves as well. :grinthumb

billyporter

Reaction score
i think they were the best of the 'almost made it' bands. ufo being one of those too.
in my mind they actually did make it coz i love the band, but i suppose making it means making mega buck in the usa.
they sold plenty in britian, nz, australia, not sure how they went in europe?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online