Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Sir Kazual

Call Me The Superstar!
Reaction score
Here's the full Thin Lizzy 1981 concert from Rockpalast. I loved the show. Phil and the band were on point on this night. I think Snowy plays better with Scott than he ever gave himself credit for. Enjoy Lizzy fans.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
i think they were the best of the 'almost made it' bands. ufo being one of those too.
in my mind they actually did make it coz i love the band, but i suppose making it means making mega buck in the usa.
they sold plenty in britian, nz, australia, not sure how they went in europe?

Lizzy were hugely popular here. Here is a clip from a Lizzy concert outside Sydney Opera House in1978.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
As far as I know, Shades Of A Blue Orphanage was never released in the US.
I have the 1972 German pressing on Decca and the overall sound is poor with too much bass. At the time I tried three different copies and they were all the same but I don't know if it was a bad run or if they are all like that.
Has anyone here had that problem?

Sir Kazual

Call Me The Superstar!
Reaction score
Any other Lizzy fans ever wonder if Phil was still with us if the band would have done an Unplugged album? Wonder what songs they would have done?

My choices:

"Southbound"
"Whiskey in the Jar"
"Borderline"
"Cowboy Song"
"Rosalie"
"Randolph's Tango"
"Massacre"
"Still in Love with You"
"Rosin Dubh (Black Rose)"
"Fighting My Way Back"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
As far as I know, Shades Of A Blue Orphanage was never released in the US.
I have the 1972 German pressing on Decca and the overall sound is poor with too much bass. At the time I tried three different copies and they were all the same but I don't know if it was a bad run or if they are all like that.
Has anyone here had that problem?

Sorry Chevelle I've only heard that one on CD, and it didn't jump out at me as one of Lizzy's best records. I'll listen to it again and get back to you.

Sir Kazual, that is an interesting thought, one thing I have always loved about Jailbreak was the variety of the songs, it was my first TL record and remains my favorite. I'm not sure I could come up with much of an "unplugged" setlist, but your's looks top shelf.:D

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Sorry Chevelle I've only heard that one on CD, and it didn't jump out at me as one of Lizzy's best records. I'll listen to it again and get back to you.

Thanks LG, I Know it's a long shot but I thought if anyone had heard a decent copy then mine was just a bad run.
And you're right, it was not one of their better early albums.
I believe it was their only album that was not released her in the US (but I might be wrong about that).

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
These would be my choices from the first half of their LPs,
Honesty Is No Excuse
Diddy Levine
Little Girl In Bloom
Nightlife
Still In Love With You
Dear Heart
Wild One
Cowboy Song
And they would have to work out an acoustic version of The Boys Are Back In Town as an encore.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online