The Worst Musical Decade?

The Worst Musically Talented Decade. Choose one.

• The 1950's

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • The 1960's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The 1970's

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • The 1980's

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • The 1990's

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • The 2000's

Votes: 82 51.6%

• Total voters

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
This is tricky.

I love the 50s. At just the tail end of big bands came doo-wop, rockabilly, and crooners! What's not to adore?!

I love the 60s. Girl groups, psych rock, folk rock. It's all so freaking good.

The 70s have my heart stolen. Glam rock, prog rock, punk rock, disco, and the birth of new wave.

I'm a sucker for the 80s. New wave, synthpop, goth, alternative, art rock. And the highlight of an influx of many girl groups that actually played their own instruments.

The 90s I don't really care for. I mean it.

2000s I'm slowly .. very slowly easing into by finding things (mostly via my amazing sister) that appeal to me, however.

So as a matter of personal taste (and don't start with me) I'm going with the 90s. You know, when people started dressing like hobos and music was questionable.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:heheh:

I'm still shocked that the 2000's have so many votes..there really is many bands out there that are SOOO good...uncharted and some charted.

But I have to just accept the vote count for what it is. Oh well. Majority rules here. I don't agree. The only advice I can offer is for others to try searching a little deeper beyond the mainstream.

:cheers2

It's not surprising to me MP, as I said a page or two back the 2000's is hard to really get a feel for how they stack up seeing the decade just ended. I have found more bands than I can name from the late 90's and 2000's that are good, but have they stood the test of time? Not yet in my opinion.

As much as I like and respect my friend Mud's opinion, no one on this earth will ever convince me to listen to and enjoy rap music no matter what era it was recorded.:nw: And I have an Extensive eclectic music collection embracing all kinds of genres, but that one brand of music just does nothing for me and never will.(I didn't like the early Beatnik music either, which I feel has a connection to rap/hip-hop as well.)

I still haven't voted in this one yet.:grinthumb

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
It's not surprising to me MP, as I said a page or two back the 2000's is hard to really get a feel for how they stack up seeing the decade just ended. I have found more bands than I can name from the late 90's and 2000's that are good, but have they stood the test of time? Not yet in my opinion.

As much as I like and respect my friend Mud's opinion, no one on this earth will ever convince me to listen to and enjoy rap music no matter what era it was recorded.:nw: And I have an Extensive eclectic music collection embracing all kinds of genres, but that one brand of music just does nothing for me and never will.(I didn't like the early Beatnik music either, which I feel has a connection to rap/hip-hop as well.)

I still haven't voted in this one yet.:grinthumb

I have to agree. I like to keep an open mind about any type of music, but there is some stuff that I simply don't like (I've looked). Rap/Hip-Hop (same exact thing IMO), Death Metal (Chop Suey might be the only exception, that song is alright), and 95% of modern top 40 shit are a few examples.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The late 70s "disco duck" crap is what ruined the TRUE music out there :):)

Even ''Disco Duck'' couldn't put a blemish on the 70's...

Wait...even disco itself couldn't put a blemish on the 70's....that's how great the 70's were musically....

Did every decade have crappy music? Sure!

But, in the 60's and 70's, the good outweighed the bad, by far and easily.

More than any other decade. (s)

I don't think any ''classic rocker'' would argue that.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I have to agree. I like to keep an open mind about any type of music, but there is some stuff that I simply don't like (I've looked). Rap/Hip-Hop (same exact thing IMO), Death Metal (Chop Suey might be the only exception, that song is alright), and 95% of modern top 40 shit are a few examples.

That is not even death metal haha.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Even ''Disco Duck'' couldn't put a blemish on the 70's...

Wait...even disco itself couldn't put a blemish on the 70's....that's how great the 70's were musically....

Did every decade have crappy music? Sure!

But, in the 60's and 70's, the good outweighed the bad, by far and easily.

More than any other decade. (s)

I don't think any ''classic rocker'' would argue that.

Some peeps I know where going crazy dancing to UTTER CRAP like Y.M.C.A. ..................YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCK:****::****:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online