The White Stripes

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Well there is just massive void of decent mainstream rock acts these days so the media like to hold the few that their are up on a pedestal. It's far from being The White Stripes' fault if the media has a major hard on for them.

oh trust me i know. hardly any bands can live up to the hype the media has shrouded them with. i was just expressing my belief that i think they are good, not great

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
oh trust me i know. hardly any bands can live up to the hype the media has shrouded them with. i was just expressing my belief that i think they are good, not great

I can agree with that. They're far from being as big as they're made out to be, buuuuut that doesn't stop them from being one of my favorite bands.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I love this group they are awesome, I fell in love with this band and have purchased all their albums, he sure can play that guitar, this my fave track:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
UnderGreatWhiteNorthernLights.png

Last month The White Stripes put out their first live album "Under Great White Northern Lights" and I just got a hold of it yesterday. It's not an amazing album but it is good. If it succeeds at nothing else it captures the raw, garage rock that Jack and Meg are known for. In a time where live albums are a dying art form this "Under Great White Northern Lights" might not be as good as "Under Blackpool Lights" (which they never released a CD version of sadly) but I think it's certainly worth a listen.

Here's one of the few songs that have been released off the DVD version thus far, "Icky Thump":

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Hell of a band. Saw them live once and was blown away at how wild they are live.

Jack doesn't take himself seriously at all. In fact he actually has fun with it.

I love this cover they did.

Meg is a good drummer. Yes she may be simple, but with out her the White Stripes would not be as amazing as they are IMO.

Jack is a great guitarist.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
I saw them for the first time in 2005 I think. The first video I saw was for 'blue orchid' and I didn't like the look of the video. This was around the same time the Mtv morning block consisted of My Chemical Romance, Coldplay, Coheed and Cambria, Fall out Boy and that creepy Seether video. Not only did it turn me off to mtv but it made me hate the White Stripes. I wised up a year ago or so and enjoy a few of their songs from time to time.

I think Jack White has more potential solo or with more complication. Hes done some good things, but I don't think he'***** his full potential yet.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Glad you saw the error of your ways OFB. :D :heheh:

Jack is still a young buck. Whether or not he'***** his full potential yet or not he is sure to have a long career ahead of him with many endeavors unfolding. :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Hell of a band. Saw them live once and was blown away at how wild they are live.

Jack doesn't take himself seriously at all. In fact he actually has fun with it.

I love this cover they did.

Meg is a good drummer. Yes she may be simple, but with out her the White Stripes would not be as amazing as they are IMO.

Jack is a great guitarist.

I have seen them live twice and was blown away each time. Jack is very talented :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online